FS: HP Moonshot M710 Server Cartridges

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

John Titor

Jul 20, 2016
United States
I recently stubbed my toe on an HP Moonshot that one of my colleagues thought would make an excellent door-stop (crazy, right?), so I opened it up.

Now I'll admit, it's an EXCELLENT door-stop, but we sent most of it for scrap soon after my vehement cursing ended.

Here's what I pulled from the system that we'd like to get out of our inventory:

(x22) HP Moonshot M710 Server Cartridges, with 32GB of RAM (4x8GB), and each cartridge has (x1) 120GB M.2 storage stick inside as well

All cartridges are in excellent condition and look beautiful, but I really can't think of anything that I need this much power for at the moment.

Lowest current price found on eBay: $800

Price that I'm looking for: $550 OBO

Please PM me and include your phone number if you're interested in purchasing this.

Thanks!
JT

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@John Titor , per posted FS forum rules you need to have a price for these listed. Please update immediately.

Very cool cartridges though.

Reactions: John Titor

John Titor

Jul 20, 2016
United States
Update - I now have a Moonshot 1500 chassis for sale with the cartridges. The chassis has 2 4-Port (QSFP) modules in the back, plus the chassis manager.

That, plus 2 45g moonshot switches inside (to go with the 22 M710 cartridges)

The cartridges have 32GB RAM each (4x8GB), plus one 120GB M.2 SSD each.

price for the whole system is $7000.

This post may be dead, but I figured I should add this update.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Did you bring this back from the future when they're selling on eBay for 10 bucks? :p