[FS] HGST Enterprise Factory Certified Hard Drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TekramCalvin

TekramUSA
Oct 15, 2018
California
Hi all, I cleared this with the admin.

Our business has been in the data storage/controller/RAID industry for over 20 years. Our main products are controller cards and Thunderbolt 3/Type C RAID enclosures. We've built a good reputation with a lot of people and have a lot of ongoing projects.

We have enterprise HGST factory certified drives available. Currently in 10/8 TB in either SAS or SATA. They go through the same QC and manufacturing process as new drives. They come with a 90 day warranty and have an optional 1 year extended warranty available as well.

We have begun to accumulate drives from projects that we have done and we are selling them off. This isn't our main business model and we are working out the kinks but so far we've sold over 100 drives with no issues.

We don't stock these as a normal item (not yet at least) so we update weekly at best with inventory.

Large orders or specific requests? Contact me and we can sort it out.

Some quick pricing:

10TB HGST HE10 HDD SAS/SATA: $225

8TB HGST HE10 SATA: $175

6TB UltraSTAR SATA: $125

LINK HERE:
Hard Drives - Tekram USA

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I was wondering why the name Tekram sounded familiar--are you the same company that made SCSI Host Adapters back in the 1990s?

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
8TB has VERY nice specs:

• Capacity: 8TB for your data storage needs
  • SATA 6GB/s interface optimizes burst performance
  • Spindle Speed: 7.2K RPM
  • Form Factor: 3.5 inch
  • Cache: 256MB

anyone knows how these HE drives work under unraid?

TekramCalvin

TekramUSA
Oct 15, 2018
California
8TB has VERY nice specs:

Well they are Enterprise drives so they are meant to run smooth under load but in case you have any specific questions, feel free to ask out support about anything

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yes we are haha. I pass by alot of the old boxes and units on the way to my desk.
So awesome to see one of the companies from 'the old days' still around and kicking. :)

I can't think of any of the competition from the day still around including the venerable Adaptec--not Buslogic, Mylex, Future Domain, or any of the others from that era.

TekramCalvin

TekramUSA
Oct 15, 2018
California
So awesome to see one of the companies from 'the old days' still around and kicking. :)

I can't think of any of the competition from the day still around including the venerable Adaptec--not Buslogic, Mylex, Future Domain, or any of the others from that era.
We're planning staying around but we have adapted a lot to still be around. These days its all about rebrands.

schujj07

May 10, 2018
8TB has VERY nice specs:

We have 8x8TB SATA in a Raid 6 with 2 hot spares and they have great performance. Doing a recovery we were getting 150+ MBps.

Reactions: TekramCalvin

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com

my gawd.... those names bring back old memories...

Reactions: dandanio and Samir

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
my gawd.... those names bring back old memories...
:D I actually still have some of those things too--Adaptec 3940UW, 2940UW, Mylex DAC960SUI, and I'm sure some more--all working the last time I powered them. :)

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
:D I actually still have some of those things too--Adaptec 3940UW, 2940UW, Mylex DAC960SUI, and I'm sure some more--all working the last time I powered them. :)
yeah, yeah, yeah,.... i won't admit that i have some of those too and some other ancient crap that i probably should get rid of...

Reactions: dandanio