FS/FT/WTB/WTT sfbayzfs Pt 1: Systems, backplanes, controllers, expanders, mobos, procs, RAM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
Updated with sold items removed, and some price drops.

Sorry, as noted in the other thread about the damaged SC847 45-bay JBOD, it sold very quickly despite the shipping damage. I had another one listed here briefly before that, anticipating the arrival of the one which turned out to be damaged, but withdrew it and sold the damaged one instead.

If you would be happy with 36 drives and the flexibility to add a motherboard later, I do have one 4U SC847 36-bay unit, which can take a motherboard or be set up as a JBOD (I have all the JBOD parts as well) I have it listed with a set of SAS2 expander backplanes, but I do have one set of "A" style SFF-8087 direct connect backplanes for it if you would prefer directly connected drives.

briandm81

Aug 31, 2014
I think I'll take the h310. How quick could uou get it to Dallas? I need it for attaching a single drive now passed through. So IT mode i think makes the most sense.

Shawn Williams

May 19, 2016
Hi i am new to this forum as of today. Building my first freenas box and was interested in the LSI 9210-8i if it will work with freenas, zfs and 3Tb drives. I also would need cables for direct connect. Shipping to Long Beach CA. Thank you.

Shawn Williams

May 19, 2016
Sfbayzfs thank you so much.
Got my freenas box going once I got the proper memory and everything started with no more grief. The LSI 9210-8i was recognized by freenas before I even got involved. Works great. Thanks for the encouragement, suggestion and putting up with my questions too. If I need anymore parts I'll see you first. Thanks again.

Reactions: sfbayzfs

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
Thanks Shawn list updated with Supermicro SC216 24-bay chassis for 24x 2.5" drives in 2U, Supermicro SC847 45-bay 3.5" dual SAS2 expander JBOD, new PfSense and Video Streamers and capture sections plus the usual sold items removed, price drops.

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
Was wondering if you still had this,
  • $15 Chelsio S310-CR 10G SFP+ FreeNAS compatible!

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
Was wondering if you still had this,
  • $15 Chelsio S310-CR 10G SFP+ FreeNAS compatible!
Yes, I still have at least 5 of those cards available - at the time I was looking for 2 to play with, I had to buy a larger lot to get any... They have full height brackets.

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
Bump for another big update - price drops, LSI card special, backplanes section added, remaining servers/JBODs reworked. Also free with shipping section coming soon if I can get this posting far enough under 1000 characters.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Impressive list of HW I must say, I hope you are single/bachelor or have an AWFULLY understanding SO, I'd be shot on sight w/ a stash o' extra gear that large! :-D

Reactions: sfbayzfs

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
Impressive list of HW I must say, I hope you are single/bachelor or have an AWFULLY understanding SO, I'd be shot on sight w/ a stash o' extra gear that large! :-D
Very understanding SO, but there are limits - understanding level increases as I find new homes all of the extra gear - everything I'm keeping is 75% re-homed into the rack now, and it should all fit nicely when done.

I have re-factored my setup several times, and re-tooled for too many options - trayless hotswap towers vs rackmount with caddies, 2.5" vs 3.5", half depth SGI/Rackables vs full depth Supermicro, bay counts of 16, 24, 36, or 45, SAS2 vs SAS3, and of course all of the CPU/motherboard options, etc. etc. I'll have to post some pics when I'm all done. :)

Reactions: pc-tecky and wsuff

silverback

Sep 5, 2016
Hi,
Are the super micro 4u chassis listed still available. I am in the bay for local pickup.

Thanks

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
Yes, the new 847 36-bay with SAS2 double expander and the matching used 45-bay JBOD double expander unit and the 45-bay JBOD single expander with a sheared off handle are still available, as are the 743 and 745 rack mountable 13-bay 4U towers . All of my other 4U systems are gone or spoken for, and have been removed.

PM sent :)

Also I fixed a few type-os, added the 45-bay JBOD missing the handle, and cut a few prices.

Last edited:

Stack

Oct 3, 2016
LSI SAS2/SATA RAID controllers w/ latest MegaRAID firmware:
  • $90 9260-4i w/ BBU (battery as-is) - 3 avail
  • $150 9260CV-4i w/ supercap BBU!
Are these still available?
Want to take them all.

Magius

Oct 15, 2016
Orlando, FL
Hello all. I just wanted to report here on my great experience buying from sfbayzfs, and give his thread a free bump :). I ended up buying two LSI cards and cables to go with them. I'm kicking myself for not seeing the thread sooner before he sold out of a few other things I might have been able to use...

He was very communicative and helped me meet the cabling needs for both my own server (rackmount) and a friend's server (tower). Shipping was the next morning after I sent payment. The stuff just arrived tonight packed extremely well with both bubble wrap and foam pads, much better than most everything I receive from ebay :) To be honest I haven't had a chance to plug the cards in yet, but I have no doubt they'll work fine. People don't last long selling stuff that doesn't work, so give this stuff a go if you're sitting on the fence!

Reactions: wsuff