FS/FT: server build extras (supermicro parts/backplane,PSU,HDD,HBA,RAM,CPU,GPU,network equip,&more)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Janiashvili

Dec 16, 2016
Hi,
Interested in your X8DT6-F, it uses standard ATX 20/24 pin connector?

Does it have any issues on power up/reboot?
I had similar case with Quanta Windmill v2, when 1 channel died on CPU2, then 2 channels died, then whole socket died, and I think then whole board died altogether; with couple of months of intervals between deaths.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Hi,
Interested in your X8DT6-F, it uses standard ATX 20/24 pin connector?

Does it have any issues on power up/reboot?
I had similar case with Quanta Windmill v2, when 1 channel died on CPU2, then 2 channels died, then whole socket died, and I think then whole board died altogether; with couple of months of intervals between deaths.
Hi. thanks for the interest. Here's a link for detailed specifications on the board:

Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Motherboards | Xeon Boards | X8DT6 / X8DT6-F / X8DTE / X8DTE-F

That'll be more accurate than me telling you what i remember.

When there's only 1 CPU, it works normally. With 2 CPUs, as long as there's only 1 DIMM on CPU2 socket, it works normally. Add a 2nd DIMM on socket CPU2, it will still boot up, but gives a lot of errors, or the BIOS will disable the DIMMs.

This all started happening all of a sudden, so I can't say exactly why or how it happened. There's a thread on here some where when I was troubleshooting this issue. I examined the CPU2 socket for any bent pins, but that wasn't it. I found some lint in CPU2 socket at one point, but cleaning it out didn't help. So, with that said, I cannot guarantee that something else won't go wrong some time after you purchase it; just being honest and up front with you, it is used gear after all. I will promise to test it again before I ship it to make sure it is as described with the problems that I've disclosed and nothing else has gone wrong.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
updated 1st post with: Dell H330 HBAs, some more Supermicro PSUs I found, Meraki MK18 with OpenWRT, and GTX 1080TI.

laserpaddy

Jul 17, 2017
out there
a pleasure meeting you
cant wait to check out my Parts....

i absolutely look forward to speaking with you anytime [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BLinux