EU [FS-EU] U.2 NVMe WD UltraStar SN640 1.92TB - brand new unsealed

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

vincococka

Sep 29, 2019
Slovakia
Dear friends,

I have for sale 20pcs of WD UltraStar SN640 1.92TB part#: WUS4BB019D7P3E1 .
They are 2.5" U.2 NVMe SSDs with 0.8 DWPD - great for our beloved LABs.
State: brand new unsealed.
Datasheet for WD SN640 .

Price per one piece - 219,- EUR including VAT.
VAT invoice possible in EU.

If anybody interested please let me know via PM - shipping will be calculated separately (usually between 10-25 EUR in EU depending on destination).
I'm shipping only to Europe.

wd-sn640.jpg

Last edited:

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
May I kindly ask you why do you think that this is not a great/interesting deal ?
Because you are priced at over twice of what i can get a higher tbw 1.92 nvme for with 1-2% wear.
Even new in box 1.92 nvme samsungs pop up in batches at 100-120$ area.

200+ for a 1.92 with lower tbw is just meh

Reactions: Samir

vincococka

Sep 29, 2019
Slovakia
Because you are priced at over twice of what i can get a higher tbw 1.92 nvme for with 1-2% wear.
May I kindly ask you to provide a link to a seller+product so we can buy the storage for a reasonable price into our LABs ?

Even new in box 1.92 nvme samsungs pop up in batches at 100-120$ area.

200+ for a 1.92 with lower tbw is just meh

Last edited:

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
May I kindly ask you to provide a link to a seller+product so we can buy the storage for a reasonable price into our LABs ?
Look for listings of the drive you want on ebay and start making offers 30-50% below asking, if you want a bit of drives quite a few sellers will accept giving you a decent discount.

Recently ive bought
- 960gb satas with 6pbw listed at 60$ and 30$/ea accepted
- 960gb satas with 6pbw listed at 55$ and 30$/ea accepted
- 1.92tb m.2 nvme listed at 109$ and 70$/ea accepted
- P4608 6.4tb cards listed at 399$ and 280$/ea accepted

• Love
Reactions: mach3.2 and Samir

vincococka

Sep 29, 2019
Slovakia
Thanks for providing tips/sharing experience.
Discount is possible - depends on the amount of drives somebody considers byuing/asking for.

FYI: WD SN640 NVMe drives that I offer are completely new and with 5Y limited warranty from WD.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Look for listings of the drive you want on ebay and start making offers 30-50% below asking, if you want a bit of drives quite a few sellers will accept giving you a decent discount.

Recently ive bought
- 960gb satas with 6pbw listed at 60$ and 30$/ea accepted
- 960gb satas with 6pbw listed at 55$ and 30$/ea accepted
- 1.92tb m.2 nvme listed at 109$ and 70$/ea accepted
- P4608 6.4tb cards listed at 399$ and 280$/ea accepted
There he goes ... Price comparison:
1. NVMe vs SATA
2. 960GB vs 1.92TB
3. Used vs new w/o mentioning same manufacturer
4. Different markets on different kontinents

Nothing supported your strong statement that these prices are B's. Just go away and let him have his sale. In my opinion, the price in EU for a new 1.92TB drive is not bs. Nothing to make a margin if you want to resell it. But it's not the sellers problem. Import from China and pay VAT+Custom fees. Sure. If they were meant to sell in EU they are still under warranty.

Reactions: etorix

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
4. Different markets on different kontinents
Yes its diffrent markets and import, that bumps the 70$/ea to 92$ with shipping/import from US to me in Europe...
For a comparable samsung nvme.

i consider the price bad, im not forcing you to consider it bad.
But by the threads on drives on here im not gone be alone in considering it bad... more than 20-30% extra for new vs 1-2% wear tends to be a hard no in general.

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
The main differentiator would be the warranty which u don't have on the used drives. Whether thats worth a premium to you or not is your decision.

This makes them comparable with regular vendors (@ €371) minus the private seller fact (so need to directly engage with vendor opposed to seller). Buyers need to ensure warranty is honored without official resellers invoice o/c. But seller offers VAT invoice too, so its at least a business which makes them warranty eligible for consumers.

Its still not extremely cheap, but its not a horrible deal either. I've seen better and worse on the FS part, and in the end its his thread and if someone needs warrantied drives this is better than what u get on the open market.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir and gb00s

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
If I buy them as company w/o VAT and with invoice and get some of the batch for lets say 180-190 a piece I get new drives for ~100Eur/TB which is good enough considering they are subject to warrenty. No disaster insurance will provide coverage for 1-2% worn drives you bought used. I'm with @Rand__ here. And if you use Samsung drives you have other problems. But this is another subject.

vincococka

Sep 29, 2019
Slovakia
Let me express that all of you guys here have some sort of "truth" - all it really depends on expectations/market where the drives will be used.

For experimenting at home drives from eBAY are usually fine / sufficient (cheaper drives with "little" usage).
But if I'm the bussiness owner and expect/want some guarantees for my bussiness than new/unsealed drives including manufacturer warranty are much better investment.

Regarding Samsung SSD / storage solutions - everybody's own un/qualified decision :).

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
The main differentiator would be the warranty which u don't have on the used drives. Whether thats worth a premium to you or not is your decision.

This makes them comparable with regular vendors (@ €371) minus the private seller fact (so need to directly engage with vendor opposed to seller). Buyers need to ensure warranty is honored without official resellers invoice o/c. But seller offers VAT invoice too, so its at least a business which makes them warranty eligible for consumers.

Its still not extremely cheap, but its not a horrible deal either. I've seen better and worse on the FS part, and in the end its his thread and if someone needs warrantied drives this is better than what u get on the open market.
And don't forget to consider the new fakes that look original but are only discovered to be fakes when you need the warranty--that's a serious SOL and what a lot of scammers prey on.