FS: Dual E5-2670 | 128GB DDR3-1600 | Intel Hot-swap Chassis: LOADED!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SamDabbers

Apr 12, 2017
SOLD to @Monoman !

I built this beefy server last year and have enjoyed tinkering with it very much, but now plans have changed and I have to downsize. Bummer! Hopefully one of you can give it a good home.

Parts list:

All the firmware is up-to-date, and everything has been burned-in and tested thoroughly. It's very quiet at idle since Intel designed this chassis/motherboard combination to work together, and it's very satisfying to load up some heavy compute tasks and hear the fans rev up!

I'm looking for $800 shipped to the continental US, or $700 local pick up in the Chicago area. I have the original box and packing material for the chassis, so it should arrive in great condition. I'm also open to reasonable offers!

Photos and screenshots: (click to embiggen)

bmc.png bmccpu.png bmcmem.png

Last edited:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
These are not loud at all @wookienz but if you use CPU the fans get louder.

Def. one of my favorite quiet setups!

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
sorry to sidetrack a little as I have the same setup but I cannot seem to get the fan noise down. I am amazed that it can be quieter than an HP 1910.
How do you guys do it?

SamDabbers

Apr 12, 2017
@epicurean I just connected the chassis fans to the proper ports on the motherboard (see page 20 of the assembly guide; connectors AF and AG) and updated the BIOS and FRUSDR to the latest package. The fans only spin up when booting or the CPUs are busy. If you're using it as a workstation, there's also a "Quiet Mode" option in the BIOS that will let it run a little hotter to minimize fan noise, but I haven't tried that.

Reactions: epicurean

SamDabbers

Apr 12, 2017
It idles around 100W running Linux from a pair of SSDs. With 8 WD Reds in it, my UPS was reporting about 135W at idle with the drives spinning. It'll pull 350W+ at load. On the plus side, the power supply is 80+ Platinum rated, so it's very efficient.