FS: Dell R620/8SFF w/ H710 RAID or IT mode SAS controller and miscellaneous stuff

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I have the following servers ready for sale. Buyer pays shipping, or local pickup in San Diego, California.

ALL SERVERS have fully updated FIRMWAREs and BIOS. That should save you a few hours of prep time. Also, all servers include iDRAC7 enterprise license.

Here are the specs:

unit #3: ($300 + shipping)
- 2x Xeon E5-2640 (6-core/12-thread 2.5Ghz per CPU) - upgradable to v2 Ivy Bridge-EP
- 64GB DDR3 ECC 1333 RAM (8x8GB R-DIMMs in full quad channel setup)
- 8x 2.5" SFF hard drive bays (no trays included, all bays have blank fillers)
- Storage controller: H710 (in either RAID or IT mode; see below)
- 4-port Broadcom 1Gb NIC onboard
- 2x 750W Platinum PSUs
- Front bezel included

STORAGE CONTROLLER OPTIONS. Choose between:
A) Dell PERC H710 mini monolithic cross-flashed to LSI 2308 IT mode firmware. (YES, this is in IT mode, ready for ZFS / FreeNAS / unraid / etc.) - Add $30 for this option.
B) Dell PERC H710 mini monolithic with latest Dell RAID firmware. (this is the normal RAID controller)

RACKMOUNT RAILS:
I have the original Dell rapid rail kits for the R620 available. Add $50 if you want the rail kit.

If you're seriously interested, please feel free ask questions. If your question might benefit others, please post in this thread, otherwise send me a PM for your questions. Thanks!

IMG_20200315_165918149-small.jpg IMG_20200315_165950274-small.jpg

Cooler Master Cosmos II (2) front bezel panel BRAND NEW
I got this as RMA replacement for my Cosmos II case from Cooler Master because one of the magnets fell off my front panel door. I would have been fine with just the front door, but they sent me the entire front panel. Ironically, the replacement they sent me also had the same exact problem, the right side magnet on the front door fell out! So, instead of taking my case apart, i just used some hot-glue and reattached the magnet.. which so far so good. I did the same with this replacement that Cooler Master sent me. It's just been sitting in my office collecting dust, so I dusted it off and want to see if anyone here wants it? Maybe for a case mod project for the Cosmos II case? $40 + shipping or local pickup.
IMG_20200410_160745355.jpg IMG_20200410_160804483.jpg

Payment via Zelle or Google Wallet. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
Do you happen to have a spare R720 mobo by chance ? mine has given up, got the dreaded voltage out of range issue
Would be nice to ship out a complete system but shipping would kill that option.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Do you happen to have a spare R720 mobo by chance ? mine has given up, got the dreaded voltage out of range issue
Would be nice to ship out a complete system but shipping would kill that option.
no, unfortunately not. and I don't want to take out a motherboard to sell you from one of these as the wife wants these servers out and an empty chassis doesn't earn me points towards that... ;-p

Reactions: Agremlin and Samir

SRussell

Oct 7, 2019
US
Any idea how many watts the R720 pulls while idle? I am looking to build a 'low power' flash NAS.