SOLD!!!! - FS Dell PowerEdge T620 Tower Server

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RabidPlatypus

Feb 20, 2017
LOWERED PRICE!

Hello! I have a Dell PowerEdge T620 that I am selling. I was using it to run an electronic records database for a client, so it never was really pushed at all. That client retired, so I was going to use it to run some custom game servers, but life intervened and I need to sell it.

Features:

Dual Intel Xeon E5-2630 2.30GHz processors
PassMark - [Dual CPU] Intel Xeon E5-2630 @ 2.30GHz - Price performance comparison

32GB RAM running in 2 channels

RAID 1 - 2 x 136GB 15k drives (OS Installed Win 10)

RAID 5 - 3 x 300GB 15k drives

The service tag is 5GD1TW1 so you can see all the features.
Support for PowerEdge T620 | Dell US

Changes I've made are I upgraded the RAM to 32GB in dual channel, and the hard drives that I've added.

I think paid around $5,500 - $6,000 for it in 2013. I am terrible with resell prices. I would like to get $1,000 for it, but feel free to throw me an offer!

You pay shipping. Around $120 per UPS ground.

It hasn't been pushed very hard at all, and is a very speedy workhorse.

All I have is eBay feedback: eBay Feedback Profile for rabid_platypus

Thanks for looking!!

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2017
Myrtle Beach, SC
If I were you, I wouldn't lower the price much more. You're selling a T620 -- a nice, quiet, office-friendly server. The R720 is a good bit louder, wants to be rack mounted, and not really conducive to an office environment.

Having said that, you might have better luck on ebay. A lot of us here could care less that our home office sounds like a data center.

RabidPlatypus

Feb 20, 2017
If I were you, I wouldn't lower the price much more. You're selling a T620 -- a nice, quiet, office-friendly server. The R720 is a good bit louder, wants to be rack mounted, and not really conducive to an office environment.

Having said that, you might have better luck on ebay. A lot of us here could care less that our home office sounds like a data center.
Yea I had it by my desk and it was pretty quiet, especially since it was never pushed. Some of my other PC's had louder fans.

RabidPlatypus

Feb 20, 2017
Well, since I really need the money more at this point to pay my child's medical bills, I'll drop the price to $1,000.

macrules34

Mar 18, 2016
What does the server have for power supply(s)?How many watts?
How loud is this server?
Does the system have 12 hot swap bays? Do you have 12 drive caddies for the system?
Does the system have iDrac?

Last edited:

RabidPlatypus

Feb 20, 2017
What does the server have for power supply(s)?How many watts?
How loud is this server?
Does the system have 12 hot swap bays? Do you have 12 drive caddies for the system?
Does the system have iDrac?
1.) It has Dual, Hot-plug, Redundant (1+1), 750W 80 Plus Platinum Power Supply's

2.) The server is actually pretty quiet. It gets loud when it first powers up since the fans are hitting full RPMs, but after that it isn't any louder than your average gaming PC thanks to the large fans.

3.) The server has 16 2.5" hot swap bays.

4.) Right now I only have 5 caddy's, 4 have drives in them. Possibly may get 8 more drives.

5.) It has iDRAC7.

Dev_Mgr

Sep 20, 2014
Texas
In regards to the iDRAC; does it have the Enterprise license, or is it the iDRAC Express? The license is US$400 from Dell, or from another source it is US$180.

Only the Enterprise license gets you the virtual console option (the exception is with blade servers, but as this is a tower you need Enterprise to have the remote/virtual console).

Another note; this server can also accept the 2670 CPUs for those interested to upgrade from 2630's to 2670's.

RabidPlatypus

Feb 20, 2017
In regards to the iDRAC; does it have the Enterprise license, or is it the iDRAC Express? The license is US$400 from Dell, or from another source it is US$180.

Only the Enterprise license gets you the virtual console option (the exception is with blade servers, but as this is a tower you need Enterprise to have the remote/virtual console).

Another note; this server can also accept the 2670 CPUs for those interested to upgrade from 2630's to 2670's.
I didn't need the enterprise license, so I just used iDRAC express.