FS: Dell PowerEdge R730

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
Hi New guy - you need to post a price. You may also want to give some info about yourself being this is your first post.

rage

Jun 21, 2018
Hi New guy - you need to post a price. You may also want to give some info about yourself being this is your first post.
Hello, sorry but I'm not sure what to list it for. I pulled it out of the data room at work (I'm a system administrator at the County Jail) a couple of months ago. I would use it for compiling (I am an Alpine Linux, Gentoo, and OpenWrt developer), but I have several other machines and this is a bit overkill for my needs.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
Hello, sorry but I'm not sure what to list it for. I pulled it out of the data room at work (I'm a system administrator at the County Jail) a couple of months ago. I would use it for compiling (I am an Alpine Linux, Gentoo, and OpenWrt developer), but I have several other machines and this is a bit overkill for my needs.
you can get an idea on pricing based on sold prices on ebay. quickly looking it seems r730 with various configs are selling for around 2-3k. Obviously it would be better to do a more in depth search if you want top dollar.

Also you may need to provide some documentation of ownership (depends on if the buyer cares i guess) but it wouldnt hurt to have it as a just in case.

I would also list the dell support tag number so people can see the original configuration it shipped with. It would be good to also list whether the server been changed from original configuration.

I would be interested in the server, but probably at 1k range, depending on what dell tag says about the specs maybe a bit more. I would also come pick it up since im moving to Fl first week of July. Assuming you still had it and also accepted my low offer :) Or if interested maybe trade for another server and some cash, etc..

Either way good luck with the sale and welcome to the boards.

Erlipton

Jul 1, 2016
I just sold one of these (same config) minus drives for $1500 locally. You can probably get the 2k someone else quoted with the drives. I posted for quick sale. GL.

rage

Jun 21, 2018
2-3k? That's not bad! I will have to go look at that asset tag and get that information posted.

Also, my wife brought up a good point when I told her about posting it on here.
How much would shipping cost for something like this?

Erlipton

Jul 1, 2016
depends on many factors
  • size
  • weight
  • distance traveling
  • courier used
  • whether or not you have sufficient packing materials already
  • If you decide to insure it
Safe assumption is 100-150

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
depends on many factors
  • size
  • weight
  • distance traveling
  • courier used
  • whether or not you have sufficient packing materials already
  • If you decide to insure it
Safe assumption is 100-150
And a lot depends on if you have discounts. I can ship a server like this up to 70lbs for <$20 in the continental US with my UPS discount.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
How do you get the discount?
For the highest discount tier--typically with a high volume of shipments. But you can get other tiers of discounts for just opening an account online, talking to a UPS sales rep and requesting a discount, and probably a few other ways I don't know about.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
And the first few levels of discount are pretty good too--like going from retail rates to online account rates cuts the rates in half.

rage

Jun 21, 2018
Woah! So I looked up the tag on the Dell website and apparently it is still under warranty until next year.

> ProSupport February 19, 2016 February 20, 2019
> Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis (Consumer Customer)/ Next Business Day Onsite After Remote Diagnosis (Commercial Customer) February 19, 2016 February 20, 2019

rage

Jun 21, 2018
Price: $2,000 OBO

Price Dropped!

Someone please come take this thing off my hands. I wanna buy some ARM hardware.