FS: Dell PERC H700 with BBU and 1GB NV Cache

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
Hey guys, I literally just got this card off ebay. Thought it would work for me but I can't get it to cross flash to the 9260/9261-8i. Whenever I flash the firmware and SPD it displays as the 9261-8i but the configuration utility doesn't load. When I reboot it displays as the H700 again and the configuration utility still doesn't load.

I went ahead and re-flashed the official H700 firmware and the SPD/SBR files I backed up and the card is working normally again. I just don't want to waste too much time trying to make it into a 9261 when I can just buy a 9261...I really wanted the staggered spin up option and the H700 doesn't support it natively.

I can't warranty the BBU but I'll assume it's got more than 50% of charge? Includes a SAS cable(one of the Dell ones that's labeled with 2 right angle connectors to the backplane and 1 straight connector to the controller). This supports CacheCade 1.0 since it has the 1GB NV RAM.

Looking to get $175 shipped.

Reactions: NetWise

Levi

Mar 2, 2015
Hey guys, I literally just got this card off ebay. Thought it would work for me but I can't get it to cross flash to the 9260/9261-8i. Whenever I flash the firmware and SPD it displays as the 9261-8i but the configuration utility doesn't load. When I reboot it displays as the H700 again and the configuration utility still doesn't load.

I went ahead and re-flashed the official H700 firmware and the SPD/SBR files I backed up and the card is working normally again. I just don't want to waste too much time trying to make it into a 9261 when I can just buy a 9261...I really wanted the staggered spin up option and the H700 doesn't support it natively.

I can't warranty the BBU but I'll assume it's got more than 50% of charge? Includes a SAS cable(one of the Dell ones that's labeled with 2 right angle connectors to the backplane and 1 straight connector to the controller). This supports CacheCade 1.0 since it has the 1GB NV RAM.

Looking to get $175 shipped.
Old but is the card still laying around?