FS: Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 twin node

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AlwaysLearning

Jun 29, 2016
I know this forum is well aware of the XS23-TY3/C6100 series. This one is a two node DCS model. I'm pretty sure I upgraded the motherboard firmware along with BMC on both nodes. It does have the older fan controller.

This is a 2U, enterprise grade rack server, designed for a data center. It features 12 3.5" drive bays with 6 being available for each node. Each node has dual Intel 5500/5600 series CPUs and 64GB of ECC DDR3 RAM. One node uses dual Intel Xeon L5630; I do not know the exact model of the CPUs in the other node, but I do not think they are in the low power series. I do not currently have a monitor to check. There are 2 onboard 1GB Ethernet ports with a 3rd dedicated for remote management through IPMI 2.0 BMC. Each node also has a dual 1GB network card installed on a PCIe riser. Each node has one PCIe x16 and an 8x mezzanine slot. The two nodes run independently but share power and cooling. The fans have been replaced with a quieter model, San Ace 80, found in several Supermicro server builds. The original fans can be included by request.