FS (CT): Supermicro SC846A-R1200B **SOLD**

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rkrenicki

Feb 2, 2016
This is a used Supermicro SC846 server that contains the following items:

Supermicro SC846 Chassis
Supermicro X8DTH-IF Motherboard
SAS846EL1 24 bay SAS backplane
2x PWS-1K21P-1R 80+ Gold rated power supplies
Intel Xeon 5540
3x 2GB DDR3-1066 Registered ECC (6 GB total)
Dell PERC H310 flashed to LSI IT Mode.

All drive bays have proper sleds and filler plates installed. All you need for a good NAS4Free or FreeNAS setup, is to install some hard drives, and possibly more memory if you want to run ZFS. There are no rails included. It does have some light scratches, but nothing out of the ordinary.

This server is quite heavy. About 90lbs after packing, and about 75lbs without. I prefer local pickup/meetup, but I will ship on your dime. $315 plus shipping/pickup.

I am in Waterford, CT (06385), I am willing to meet/deliver to almost anywhere in Eastern CT/Rhode Island, further if you want to pay for my gas.

Last edited:

rkrenicki

Feb 2, 2016
I put the state in the title, but I just added more detail for location in the post. Thanks!

watersb

Jun 11, 2016
New Mexico
Would be perfect for my next project. But Los Alamos is not quite in New England.

Can you give me an estimate on shipping-box dimensions?

rkrenicki

Feb 2, 2016
I have a shipping box from a 4U disk shelf that we recently received at work.. I will double check that the length is sufficient and let you know.

rkrenicki

Feb 2, 2016
Sorry this took me a little longer to get figured out than I originally expected. The packing material needed some slight modification to fit this chassis, and I didnt get a chance to do that until yesterday.

The box is approximately 36x24x14. the weight is about 90lbs

Last edited:
Reactions: watersb

rkrenicki

Feb 2, 2016
Bump for a price drop! I need to get this giant box out of my spare room :) I am willing to deliver this within reason.

NickM

Jul 19, 2015
I'd need it shipped to NC, but I might want this. Let me do a little digging and make sure this is the right config for me (plus check on shipping quotes)

rkrenicki

Feb 2, 2016
I think there might be something wrong with my scale... having to move this box around the room a few times now, I really doubt that the 90lbs figure is correct. I think it might be quite a bit less than that.

I am going to see if I can scrounge up another scale to get a different weight figure.