fs.com Slow Service?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Minimum

Nov 4, 2016
Aliso Viejo, CA
Has anyone here had issues with fs.com taking forever to ship out items?

I ordered some transceivers and fiber cables on Tuesday and nothing has been shipped yet. They charged my card on Tuesday but haven't actually done anything yet. Is this slow service normal for fs.com or should I dispute the charge if nothing happens by next Tuesday?

Minimum

Nov 4, 2016
Aliso Viejo, CA
Hmm so I should expect to not see my order until 2 weeks from now? I'm probably going to end up disputing the charge then. I'd be fine if they waited to charge me until they shipped. Instead they charged me the instant I placed the order and have been sitting on the money since.

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
They tend to ship out next business day if they have it in stock at the warehouse. I had a situation where I ordered some Optics and Armored OM4 jumpers and they said it would be delayed - I emailed may sales rep there and told her to split it into 2 deliveries and got the optics quick and the fiber once they had them in sock.

I expect the holiday there will set back your shipment, the other folks in China we deal with will be back in the office on Feb 4 but are skeleton crew until then.

Reactions: pc_doom and Minimum

Minimum

Nov 4, 2016
Aliso Viejo, CA
I just started the refund process. Hopefully they will refund me within 48 hours or I will be forced to start a dispute through PayPal.

Is there any alternative to fs.com? Preferably one that doesn't immediately take your money and go on vacation for 2 weeks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
So it's been under 7 days and you're doing a charge back :eek:

Even if it wasn't Chinese New Year it's not like those show up overnight like Amazon.

Reactions: nickscott18

Minimum

Nov 4, 2016
Aliso Viejo, CA
So it's been under 7 days and you're doing a charge back :eek:

Even if it wasn't Chinese New Year it's not like those show up overnight like Amazon.
Nah I'm just going through fs.com's refund process.

My main problem is that they charged me last Tuesday but still haven't even shipped the package yet. I'd be fine with it if they waited to charge me until they were actually ready to ship my order. Instead they just took my money and ran off on vacation.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Do what you want but yeah chalk this up to bad timing, my fs.com rep notified me well in advance of their holiday. I've been getting almost all my stuff w/in a few days when it ships from the Tacoma, WA office. VERY happy w/ service thus far.

Reactions: nickscott18

brendantay

Aug 12, 2015
Australia

My main problem is that they charged me last Tuesday but still haven't even shipped the package yet. I'd be fine with it if they waited to charge me until they were actually ready to ship my order. Instead they just took my money and ran off on vacation.
Payment at time of order is a typical standard with any business, not letting you know why there is a delay i can understand is a bit of a pain, but you asked here and you've been advised why the delay and you still have an issue?

Either way, you'll get your stuff soon so chill :) or don't - I don't really mind.

aero

Apr 27, 2016
I just started the refund process. Hopefully they will refund me within 48 hours or I will be forced to start a dispute through PayPal.

Is there any alternative to fs.com? Preferably one that doesn't immediately take your money and go on vacation for 2 weeks.
fs.com is the very best of low cost optics providers. Given your reaction to the situation though I'd have a hard time recommending any seller do business with you anyway. If speed is of the essence, have you tried calling them?

Michael Hall

Oct 9, 2015
Payment at time of order is a typical standard with any business...
Maybe not standard, but certainly common.

Last year, I ordered 2 microATX motherboards, 2 miniITX boards and 4 sticks of RAM from NCIX. They charged me for everything, but only shipped the 2 microATX motherboards; the rest was back-ordered. A few days later, they shipped the RAM. After a couple of weeks, they emailed me to say the miniITX boards had been discontinued, so they wouldn't be getting any more. They offered to send me different boards (except that was the only miniITX AM1 board they even listed), or give me a refund. Same with in-store pickup, they charge you when you place the order, whether the parts are in stock or not.

Same when I ordered some dev. boards and a book from Texas Instruments. They charged me up front, but only sent the book. A few days later, 2 of the boards shipped, and a couple of weeks after that, the 3rd board shipped.

Canada Computers, on the other hand, at least for in-store pickup, don't charge you until you actually pick your stuff up.

fractal

Jun 7, 2016
Chalk it up to cultural differences. China is slower than normal this time of year. Europe is slow in the summer when they all go on vacation.

FWIW, in the USA, it is illegal to charge the credit card before you are ready to ship the product. This may or may not only apply to product shipped by US mail. Things vary from country to country.

My only order from fs.com took so long that I forgot why I ordered the stuff by the time it got here. I eventually remembered and finished the project. So, yeah, they are slow.

You can use monoprice if you are in a hurry. They are quicker and reliable. They sell on amazon and I think will bill you via amazon if you prefer. I buy bunches of ethernet cables from them.

Mark Wilde

Aug 21, 2016

It is common to charge the customers immediately when placing the order online. Not only the fs.com, but other online retailors are the same.
As for the vacation, they are supposed to inform you ahead.

Reactions: pc_doom

Jerry Renwick

Aug 7, 2014
Have you solved your problem yet? I know waiting can be quite annoying !

When dealing with sellers online, you can always ask them about the exact day that they can ship your items. If it is too late, you can purchase from other online vendors.

Reactions: pc_doom