FS branded 802.11ac 2x2 mimo ap

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
That device looks like a 3t3r design, at least from what I know AC1750 is 450mbps (3x150) on 2.4GHz and 1300 (3x433) on 5GHz.
FS devices look interesting, I was slightly interested in one of their managed switches, but the software support seems a little sketchy (at least I can't find any info) without a major brand behind the devices.

It seems to be priced about the same as a Ubiquiti's Unifi UAP AC Pro and Mikrotik's hAP AC (I have one of those), which are both 3t3r simoultaneous dual band devices with a manufacturer backing software updates.

wardtj

Jan 23, 2015
Instead of that, have a look at this...

Ubiquiti UniFi UAP AC Pro (UAP-AC-PRO)
I have two of them, they work well...

But if I was to buy again I would purchase the LR version or the HD when it's out.

You are capped at 22dbm for the Pro which limits your distance and strength. LR and HD will go to 28. The extra power will help out immensely. It's why some Asus and Netgear outperform the Ubiquiti kit in the low end. They do not limit power for compliance reasons like the Ubiquiti team does.

Otherwise no complaints...

wardtj

Jan 23, 2015
Silly question but are the "world" versions and the "us" version of the ubiquiti ap's the same hardware with different firmware?
I can say from experience that with the beta firmware country means nothing. You can set US and the limit is 22 dbm. Not sure if the US model is physically different or not. I even have tried running Linux ddwrt on them and Max power is locked on my model. I do have a global version so not sure if us is different...