UK [FS] Bob's workshop tidy up

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bob_dvb

Sep 7, 2018
Not quite London
www.orbit.me.uk
Hi All,

Updating my clear out...
  • Akamai Motherboard - £200
  • MikroTik CRS305 10G switch - £100
  • Supermicro C2550 Mini-ITX -
    • £350 for a system including 6x250GB SATA SSD 1.2TB array,
    • offers for board only, includes 4xGbE and IPMI
  • Intel X550-T2 - £40
  • D-Link DGS-1510-20 - £80
  • Zyxel 24port Poe switch, unused eBay purchase - make me an offer
  • Perc h710 - £60 Ono
  • Perc h310 - £30 Ono + cables
  • LSI 9280 16i4e - £80 ono
  • DDR4 2400T Registered ECC 4x16GB or 2x32GB fair offers considered

Last edited:
Reactions: Rand__ and Samir

bob_dvb

Sep 7, 2018
Not quite London
www.orbit.me.uk
Edit: just realized that there is no no pcie at all; not really an option then.

Good luck though:)

Pics are here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/dual-xeon-d.27761/post-267388
I have U.2 to PCIe adapters to give them PCIe and also I have used M.2 to PCIe. But yes, they are weird boards.

Each node has 2x SFP+ but the node_0 10G doesn't work for some unknown reason, could be made to work perhaps. But I will supply a 10G OCP card so the node can work.

Reactions: Samir

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Is the "SAS" adapter (ie 8643) a PCIe 4x link? So theoretically I could run 2 nvme drives?
And its a regular OCP port? So theoretically I could find a matchin 40g card?

Reactions: bob_dvb and Samir

bob_dvb

Sep 7, 2018
Not quite London
www.orbit.me.uk
Is the "SAS" adapter (ie 8643) a PCIe 4x link? So theoretically I could run 2 nvme drives?
And its a regular OCP port? So theoretically I could find a matchin 40g card?
Yes, I have used a GPU with the SFF connector, although recently I put an LSI HBA card on there and it doesn't work, haven't figured out why yet. But the GPU works fine.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Are the RJ45 ports usable? Have not followed the original thread after a few pages any more.
And no GPU/ipmi onboard, right?

bob_dvb

Sep 7, 2018
Not quite London
www.orbit.me.uk
Are the RJ45 ports usable? Have not followed the original thread after a few pages any more.
And no GPU/ipmi onboard, right?
The RJ-45 connectors are console ports for the second serial on the machine.

There is no GPIO or IPMI but the BIOS and EFI appears on the USB serial port. The BIOS is one of the most open and fine grain controllable that I have seen. You can tweek just about every system parameter, it's like an engineering menu as much as anything, you could have fun or get in to trouble.

I haven't figured out how to do a hard reset remotely yet, but I imagine there is a way. There is also a reset button on the back panel.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
The BIOS is one of the most open and fine grain controllable that I have seen. You can tweek just about every system parameter, it's like an engineering menu as much as anything, you could have fun or get in to trouble.
The latter most likely:p

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Thanks for answering all the question but I think I better skip it; not really enough time to tinker and not a 100% match to my needs; and probably don't need another nice to have buy...

Good luck with the sale though:)

billc.cn

Oct 6, 2017
Spent all night reading through the Akamai board thread. I am very intrigued by it.

I am interested in the Mikrotik as well (even though I probably shouldn't. Already spent too much on gear during lockdown....)

Could you DM me with the details of payment?

Also, mind telling me which platform you're pivoting to? Might be able to swap gears :)

Reactions: bob_dvb and Samir

bob_dvb

Sep 7, 2018
Not quite London
www.orbit.me.uk
Spent all night reading through the Akamai board thread. I am very intrigued by it.

I am interested in the Mikrotik as well (even though I probably shouldn't. Already spent too much on gear during lockdown....)

Could you DM me with the details of payment?

Also, mind telling me which platform you're pivoting to? Might be able to swap gears :)
I've bought a single Intel D-2143 ATX board, it's not as good value but I don't need the power of two nodes.

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
Hi @bob_dvb, i will buy the intel x550-T2, can you please send me payment infos? shipment to germany. Thank you in advanced