[FS] AMD Instinct Mi25 16GB Accelerator

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

XeonSam

Aug 23, 2018
These were takan out of some GPU servers and replaced with NVIDIA GPU's. There's a few remaining and are all up for grabs.
I can do $220/pc or up to $200 if you get multiple. Shippping is additional.

Please, if interested PM me. I'm prepared for comments on how ugly these look.

Here is the Nude pic:
AMD_top.JPG

As you can see, it doesn't have the shroud and the PCIe bracket. It's 8+6 pin and works like a charm (SRIOV confirmed).

Attachments

Reactions: eduncan911

XeonSam

Aug 23, 2018
I was using vmware so you need the VIB files on the host and the guest OS. Surprisingly, there were no guest drivers for windows, only linux, thus I didn't investigate any further. I know it can be done, but I can confirm thata AMD doesn't have it openly available on their website.

nk215

Oct 6, 2015
I was using vmware so you need the VIB files on the host and the guest OS. Surprisingly, there were no guest drivers for windows, only linux, thus I didn't investigate any further. I know it can be done, but I can confirm thata AMD doesn't have it openly available on their website.
I looked at the AMD and VMware sites and didn't see any drivers for ESXi. Can you provide a link?

XeonSam

Aug 23, 2018
Hmmmm... that's a a good question. I was planning on switching these AMD GPU's to NVIDIA GPU's so didn't do the due diligence to check. I did look for drivers on AMD's site but only saw a few: Linux, BSD, Centos, etc. I was hoping for a windows driver so I could install windows and run some benchmarks lol. I installed ESXi to get some raw data and to see if certain features were available. I didn't go any further into finding the VIB's for these, though I should have thought of that. Wonder if anyone else knows if there are. You are asking because you're trying to use Horizon, right? Share the GPU via NVIDIA's vGPU software?

And some more advertisingn: from the service tag of the servers these were in (I can't open which company they were from), they were in use for 3'ish years. And they were NOT used for mining.

nk215

Oct 6, 2015
Hmmmm... that's a a good question. I was planning on switching these AMD GPU's to NVIDIA GPU's so didn't do the due diligence to check. I did look for drivers on AMD's site but only saw a few: Linux, BSD, Centos, etc. I was hoping for a windows driver so I could install windows and run some benchmarks lol. I installed ESXi to get some raw data and to see if certain features were available. I didn't go any further into finding the VIB's for these, though I should have thought of that. Wonder if anyone else knows if there are. You are asking because you're trying to use Horizon, right? Share the GPU via NVIDIA's vGPU software?
Yes, I currently have a ESXi node using Grid K2 for VDI and I am looking to upgrade that GPU. The issue is that I don't want to deal with a license fee (K2 was the last GPU that doesn't require a license).

Right now, I use proxmox for other VDI needs but would love to get back on ESXi.

XeonSam

Aug 23, 2018
I have a spare K1 grid if you need... PM me if you're innterested. I wouldn't use these for VDI. Stick to NVIDIA.