FS: AMD Epyc 7001/7002 stuff & SAS/DAC Cables

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Andrew_Carr

Mar 18, 2022
I'm new here so assuming you have good history/feedback I'll ship first and accept payment via paypal/crypto/etc. once you receive everything in good working order. Also willing to trade for Epyc Milan stuff.

CPUs:
AMD EPYC 7551P - $200
One available, works fine.
AMD Epyc 7601 Engineering Samples (1.9GHz) - $200/ea
I have two of these available. They work fine in my supermicro H11dsi motherboard but don't boost past 1.9GHz. You can probably overclock them but I haven't gotten around to that yet to confirm.

Motherboards:
Supermicro H11DSI - $400 if purchased together with the 7601 CPUs. BIOS updated recently and IPMI user set. (no OEM box, sorry)
Asrock rack epycd8-2t - $200
This has issues with the memory lanes. I bought this used from someone who damaged the CPU pins so 4 of the 8 memory lanes don't work (a 5th will kinda sorta work sometimes). I unbent a few pins to get more lanes working but it looks like one or two pins are broken off halfway and I haven't been able to fix it further. Otherwise it's been running fine for me for about 6 months. I can't get into the IPMI, not sure how to reset it to factory settings and default login/password don't work.

Teradata PDUs - (4 of each type available)
I bought a decommissioned rack and stripped it. Not sure what good these are for so please just take them off my hands. Built in 2015.
$100/ea for the ones with the blue power connectors
$20/ea for the power strip looking ones (they have 1-2 C13 plugs attached that I can't remove)
Shipping for these will probably be $10/item

SAS/mini-SAS/DAC Cables: I had to look these part numbers up so if something looks inaccurate please let me know.
3 x 1 meter mini-SAS Cables
10 x 1 meter Cisco E116441 SFP+ Passive DAC Cables
10 x 1 meter Mini-SAS Cables
8 x 1 meter Mellanox MC2206130-002 Passive Direct Attach Copper Cables

$10/cable for all types. Bulk discount available.

Heat: Trader Reviews for Andrew_Carr | HeatWare.com
[H] Profile: Andrew_Carr

Attachments

Last edited:

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
I had the "bmcdef.exe" dos binary for this very asrock rack motherboard which resets the ipmi credentials and settings. You write that onto USB with freedos or alike OS and run it. I can look for it if you need it, got that directly from William at AsrockRack USA.

Reactions: Andrew_Carr

Andrew_Carr

Mar 18, 2022
I had the "bmcdef.exe" dos binary for this very asrock rack motherboard which resets the ipmi credentials and settings. You write that onto USB with freedos or alike OS and run it. I can look for it if you need it, got that directly from William at AsrockRack USA.
If you have it I can give it a shot. I think I tried the dos reset method already though and it was failing for some reason.

nk215

Oct 6, 2015
For the AMD Epyc 7601, When you said they work fine, does that mean you ran stress test ( Prime95 ) on them w/o any issue?

Thanks

Andrew_Carr

Mar 18, 2022
For the AMD Epyc 7601, When you said they work fine, does that mean you ran stress test ( Prime95 ) on them w/o any issue?

Thanks
I haven't run prime95 but I could try it. They're currently running BOINC on linux but I could put windows on temporarily and try. I just meant that there's no instability, but they're not as fast as a retail version without overclocking or something.

kromberg

Jan 18, 2021
If they have been running any of the BIONC projects, that is more than good enough stress testing.

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
@Andrew_Carr welcome to the forums! And excellent stuff for sale. Typically, you would post pictures of each item with a post-it note of your username. Just FYI, in case the admins hit you up.

As for the Epyc 7551P, please, for the love of all things IT, can you ship me the CPU so I can "test it"? I'll throw the cost of shipping, as well as a few more bucks your way via PayPal. I only need it for an hour to see if the system will boot or not.

I can turn around and mail it back within 1 or 2 business days, tops. Or, drop-ship it to whomever you sell it to.

I have a build just sitting on my desk, where I don't know if it is the motherboard or a locked Epyc 7551. Been searching for a while: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/wtb-orrow-epyc-rome-cpu-to-test-locked-cpu.36379/

As for EPYCD8-2T, I'll PM you about it. I may be interested.

Andrew_Carr

Mar 18, 2022
Bump. CPUs and motherboards are all sold but I still have the cables and PDUs. Make me an offer, I don't want to junk this stuff, seems wasteful.