FS: 80+ Intel Xeon Phi 7-ES, 71S1P, 7110P Co-processor PCIe cards -used

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

alltheasimov

Feb 17, 2018
For sale are 80+ Intel Xeon Phi Co-processors. The available model numbers are 7-series ES (engineering sample), 71S1P, and 7110P. I also have many of the extension brackets and pcie brackets. Conditions range from tested/good to for-parts/broken. Prices range from $15 to $179. See THE TABLE for exactly what is available and prices. Prices do not include shipping, which will likely be via USPS Priority Mail unless international. Location: Melbourne, FL. Payment method: Paypal.

Images

Specifications: The following information is from "micinfo". The ES are 61 core, 1.09GHz, 8GB on-chip ultra-high bandwidth RAM, B0 stepping. The 71S1P and 7110P are 61 core, 1.1GHz, 8GB on-chip ultra-high bandwidth RAM, B1 stepping. Physically, the different models appear identical except for the label sticker on the side with their model number.

The ones listed as working passed “miccheck”, and I updated their firmware to the latest version. I will accept returns on these if they do not pass miccheck on a compatible system. The “untested” ones were not recognized by lspci on my system…this could be due to numerous reasons, including not seating the card properly in the slot, a firmware issue, something broken, etc. All cards showed a blue blinking light, so at least something on the “broken” ones is working. I will not accept returns on any listed as “untested”, “for parts”, or “broken”; the cards in these conditions are for people who enjoy repairing complicated electronics. This is used server hardware: expect some scratches, dents, minor corrosion, and cosmetic defects. I will gladly provide pictures of the exact cards I’m planning to send you. All working cards will ship in antistatic bags.

Cooling: Since these are passively cooled server cards, they require add-on cooling to work in desktops. I have custom designed, 3D printed, and validated single and dual Phi cooling fan adapters. I have some available immediately (see table), but more than those will require a manufacturing lead time. They are 3D printed, so they aren't perfect, but I will clean them up some before shipping. They include the hardware for mounting to the Phi's, but not the fans or fan hardware. The fan part numbers compatible with the compact fan adapters: Delta FFB0412UHN, SanAce 9GA0412P3J01, or similar speed and pressure 40x40x28mm fan. Fan compatible with the blower fan adapters: Delta BFB1012EH. Fan part numbers compatible with the dual phi fan adapters: Nidec V80E12BS2A5 or similar high speed, high pressure 80x80mm fan.

Motherboard: These cards do not work on all motherboards. You need a server/work station motherboard capable of “above 4G decoding”, "large PCI MMIO", “large BAR support”, or something like that. The cards require a pcie 3.0 x16 per card, and they are double wide. If you buy one or more of my Phis, I can help you select a complete desktop or server that will work with these cards. I have a compatible Supermicro X10DAi for sale; let me know if you're interested.

Source/why selling: These were purchased from a lab that was liquidating them through another reddit seller. I have some knowledge about these cards from working with them and selling them in the past, so I decided to test them all and resell them. I was going to keep some for my mini homelab cluster, but it turns out the demand is a lot lower than I anticipated, so I have to sell them all in order to break even.

What can I do with these?: They're great for anything that can be highly parallelized, take advantage of huge vectorization (AVX-512) and/or needs high memory bandwidth.

Virtualization: Since I know many of you might be interested in virtualization, here are a few links about it with Xeon Phis. It can be done!: Link1 Link 2 Link 3

Robert Fontaine

Jan 9, 2018
sweeeet!!! Now that intel has completely abandoned the xeon phi I can complete my build. (sigh).
Will be PM you for a few parts after month end.
I've got the Alphacool water blocks for cooling mine but never managed to complete the build for my never started SMP project.

alltheasimov

Feb 17, 2018
I wouldn't say "completely abandon"... The MPSS for these is fully working and still available. They just aren't going to update it anymore and have ceased production.