FS: 8-10 NVIDIA GRID M40 Cards at 1/2 of ebay costs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Recently I bought a lot of NVIDIA GRID M40 cards (note NOT the Tesla M40). Alas, the time has come that I need to get some cash out to go buy other bits for the lab.

Looks like I will have to pay a hefty restocking fee to return them so I figured I would list these on STH. I think they are an awesome value if you want to play with multi-GPU CUDA at a really low power consumption point/ compact form factor. Or if you wanted to get some cheap 2 GPU compute servers on ebay and try a CUDA hosting business.

Please do read this and linked content for more information on these cards: Testing NVIDIA GRID M40 - 4x Maxwell GPUs and 16GB RAM cards

Selling them for $800 each or half of ebay pricing (seeNVIDIA GRID M40 ebay search) they are all listed in the $1500 range. I got a good deal since I bought a TON of these cards. I also figure I would let STH benefit a bit from this instead of just paying restocking.

Payment methods:
  • PayPal (you pay fees)
  • QuickPay Preferred (Chase, Wells Fargo and etc.)
If you want to buy more than 2 let me know. I guess there may be someone out there who wants to try selling them on ebay or elsewhere and try flipping them for some cash.

I have these all running to verify they indeed work but am not going to accept returns on these as it will be outside my return window by the time they come back.

I will ship internationally via ship it to or a similar service.

YetAnotherMinion

Mar 22, 2016
Chicago
It looks like ebay price is falling by 33% now. I wonder what is happening on the supply side.

Edit: Meanwhile the Tesla versions with less memory are going for 4x more. Is the premium for the newer architecture that much?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
It looks like ebay price is falling by 33% now. I wonder what is happening on the supply side.

Edit: Meanwhile the Tesla versions with less memory are going for 4x more. Is the premium for the newer architecture that much?
Newer/ bigger Maxwell core and more ram for the single GPU is better if you do not parallelize over more than 1 GPU.

YetAnotherMinion

Mar 22, 2016
Chicago
I figured everyone in business will parallelize though, only hobbiest buying these accelerator cards would care about single GPU performance. Render farms, learning cluster, weather,... all business applications I can think of would love to parallelize to at least 8 GPUs in 3U.