EU [FS] 6x HPE 32GB Dual Rank x4 DDR4-2666 RDIMMs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tothe

Nov 9, 2021
All the sticks have been sold! Thank you!

I'm selling 16 6 DIMMs of HPE 32GB PC4 DDR4 RDIMM.
8 DIMMs Pulled from new servers (for memory upgrade). Model 840758-091
6 DIMMs brand new, still in plastic blisters and sealed. Model 815100-B21

photo of the actual memory sticks object of this listing:

20211109_232921.jpg

I'm asking 100€ 85€ each, or 300€ for 4 DIMMs.
Same price for both type because I said the "used" one are like brand new with few power on hours on them. Plus shipping (fee TBD based on coutry/type of shipping - about 20€ for EU and 30€ for US ) from EU (Italy). Payment accepted: wire transfer or paypal (if paypal is choosen you have to pay the fees - 3% of the total value). Selling as a private, no invoice.
Discount and priority to bulk purchase.

Last edited:

tothe

Nov 9, 2021
Bump. I wasn't able to sell any of my sticks, even if I thought to have one of the best price available on the internet, and I suspect this is mainly to distrust since I have no feedbacks or selling history. If you have a history of reliability as a buyer and you can REALLY prove it to me we can arrange a ship first and pay when you receive the memory. But it will be subject to verification and at my discretion.

Reactions: richard.dzavoronok

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Best price is relative - if I check DE Ebay, i see a bunch of auctions for 4x32 ending around ~330-340€ (+€5 p&p). That with Paypal fees @ sellers pocket, far wider audience and previous feedback available.

Just putting things into (my) perspective;) [and sorry, not really looking at this point, just wanted to provide another explanation]
If you dont want this comment here I am happy to remove.

tothe

Nov 9, 2021
Best price is relative - if I check DE Ebay, i see a bunch of auctions for 4x32 ending around ~330-340€ (+€5 p&p). That with Paypal fees @ sellers pocket, far wider audience and previous feedback available.

Just putting things into (my) perspective;) [and sorry, not really looking at this point, just wanted to provide another explanation]
If you dont want this comment here I am happy to remove.
Hi Rand, no problem for the comment, I'm fully open to constructive discussions :)
Do you mind sharing with me a link of those auctions? If the items are comparable (I just want to point out that half of mine are brand new sealed and the other half have maybe 2 hours of usage, just the time to run SPP firmware upgrades on an handful of server) I'll be more than happy to lower the price. Last time I checked I wasn't able to find HPE sticks with same SKUs as mine used at less than 140€ + shipping, and brand new were much more than that. Even if I filter for sold auctions I can find sticks with these sku sold in europe for 120€ or more + shipping.
This makes me believe that my price is quite fair.
And don't forget that 85€ is the price for a single stick, I'll be more than willing to make an additional discount for a bulk purchase (you used a 4x32G in your example).

side note: that these are HPE labeled, so if you put these on an HPE server that is still under warranty you won't have any problem with HPE support if you need to open a case and send them AHS logs, and you will also have all the dimms covered by the chassis warranty. This might not be interesting to the most users since they won't use them in an HPE server but it's something that might be useful to someone.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014

I think there was only one set of HPEs in it, but while its common that people expect branded modules to be worth more unfortunately that is seldom the case.

The only times when you really want/need these is if
1a. you want to be sure they are working
1b. There are known issues when using other HW (non HPE firmware on storage hw, nics etc)
2. You have a box under warranty and want to keep it that way (uncommon for @ home)

While that is a reason to ask more for the same stick of memory vs a non branded one, the usual crowd does not care as they want a working set as cheap as possible.
So in the end that means that you significantly limit the amount of ppl willing to buy your modules at a give price point if you cater for a specific crowd.

Btw same applies for 'new' hw - i dont care if its new, i want cheap(ish). Now if it still has vendor warranty (independent of box it is in, or its a whole box) then yes thats great and worth a bit more, but for a part i cannot get warranty on anyway since i don't have a support contract - who cares if its new or used as long as it works.... its not as if its going to fail any sooner if it has been used for a year or two (hopefully;))

Last edited:

tothe

Nov 9, 2021
Thanks for the explanation. So in the end I think my point it's not so wrong since the price in that ebay listing it's the same price per dimm that I'm asking here for a single DIMM, with same shipping cost and the only difference is that I'm asking for the paypal fee to be added to the total. Just to be clear I already dropped the price to 75€ each x 4 DIMMs to a couple of users that were intrested and PM'd me but and even if the price was ok for them we didn't conclude the deal, mainly because I am a new users I have no feedbacks here or on other platforms as a seller. And I am completely ok with that, fully understandable.
(And since I wrote that price for 4 sticks here it's no longer a secret and I can put it in the first post :) )

That's 300€ for 4 DIMMs + about 10€ for Paypal fees, 30€ less than that listing.
I don't think that's fair to compare a single dimm price to a bulk price, also because in my first offering I wrote that I'm more than willing to offer a discount if you buy more than one.

As I said before I am more than aware that the typical audience here may not be intrested in the fact that those are HPE DIMMs or that some of them are sealed, but who knows, something that it's not intresting for you may be a must have for another user. Anyway as you can see I'm not requesting a premium price for that, just look to other listing here in the forum.

I know that maybe with patience and luck you can find better deals but I still think that as of today I am requesting a fair price.

Cheers