UK FS: 32TB server - 3U 16Bay LFF server w/ 16 2TB Drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ashishpuliyel

Aug 8, 2020
I picked this up on ebay with some idea that I'd swap the motherboard and CPU (I've also got a ryen board + cpu to get rid of if anyone wants that!) but I've realised I've got too many projects pending anyway, so I'm trying to clear things down.

What's included:
  • Ci Design NSR316 Chassis. 3U. 16 front-mounted hot-swap 3.5" drive trays, full height expansion slots, no rack rails.
  • 16x 2TB 7200 RPM LFF drives from either 2015 (HGST) or 2010 (Hitachi), all on hotswap front-mount caddies.I don't know what the backplane is, but if someone really cares I can see if I can find out.
  • 2x AMCC 9650SE-12/16ML PCI-E 16-Port SATA Raid Controllers. Why 2? Because on each half the ports are routed to expansion cards on the back so you could connect another 16 drives to this thing.
  • 3x 650W hotswap power supplies. 3Y POWER TECHNOLOGY YM-2651B, one of which beeps when plugged in, so assume faulty.
  • A 10G SFP+ Myricom Single Port 10G-PCIE-8B-S. Plus a a Fiberstore SFP-10GSR-5 10 SFP+ 850nm 300m module
  • 4port gigabit ethernet adapter. I've not pulled it out to check what it is
  • 2x 4 core opteron 2376 processors on a H8DAi+ Super Micro motherboard.
As you can see from the photos insides are quite clean and dust free, though the outside of the case has seen better days. I suspect much of the damage was incurred in shipping to me. (Drives were shipped separately, and seem fine)

Photos here: Storage Server

This whole thing is very very heavy. Collection is recommended. E11 London. I'd like to get £275 for the lot. Cash

Reactions: Samir