SOLD: 3 * Ruckus R720 wifi access points

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

FRPII

Dec 2, 2015
sth is being modest about what he's selling. Ideally you'd mount it somewhat centrally on the ceiling to get good coverage. I haven't yet installed mine centrally in my 2300sqft place but below is what I get with my cell phone on the opposite side of the house. Note this is also through the garage and the solar inverter/breaker panel. I don't have more walls or obstacles to get behind in this position. I'm in a neighborhood with lots of 5ghz but i am alone in my channel space.

My connection does 300/12 wired FYI

Imgur

ewer0012

Feb 10, 2019
I have an R710 set up in the basement I rent, mounted to the ceiling in a corner, and it covers all the way up to the second floor and to almostthe middle of my cul-de-sac before it starts dropping off to being unusable. I'm in a large neighborhood with tons of WiFi so there's a decent amount of interference in my area.

Reactions: Samir

dswartz

Jul 14, 2011
Thanks for the support guys. Having now used Ruckus there's little chance of me going back to my Ubqiuiti setup (everything up to SHDs) which just didn't have the range or throughput of these devices. I only tried Ruckus over a vacation out of curiosity to see what the difference was between a enterprise-lite Ubiquiti setup and a full enterprise level system. Theres very little comparison, and you are right I see close to wire speeds on these.
I have a couple of unifi units in our house. Reasonably happy, but always looking to improve. I may look at a couple of mid-range ruckus APs.