FS: 23x WD Black (WD4003FZEX) 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5" - Warranty

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kapone

May 23, 2015
In the middle of redoing my storage, and trying to clean out a few things (before buying other things :) ).

These are all in excellent shape, with in date service of ~ Jan 2015. All are still in warranty till ~ Jan 2020.

I'm still rebuilding a few things, so haven't had a chance to take detailed SMART data for each drive, but rest assured, they are all good. If not, I'll take em back.

Looking for $100 shipped each (lower 48 states). Multiples can be shipped for less. PayPal accepted.

Note: I'm out of town with the kids till Jan 2nd, but will ship all orders asap when I get back.

s-l1600-4.jpg

Current quantity = 0, All sold.

Last edited:

cw823

Jan 14, 2014
GLWS. I know I've seen peopled looking to spend "$20/TB" around here lately, but these aren't exactly the bottom line of drives either. :D

Reactions: rubylaser

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
GLWS. I know I've seen peopled looking to spend "$20/TB" around here lately, but these aren't exactly the bottom line of drives either. :D
The last batch I bought here where 6TB HGST SAS pre-production drives for $60 ($10/TB) [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

zer0gravity

Feb 15, 2013
The last batch I bought here where 6TB HGST SAS pre-production drives for $60 ($10/TB) [emoji3]

I think his price is not that far off. Maybe check ebay, local, etc....

SATA vs SAS /warranty vs non / 6TB - 4TB / pre-prod vs oem

Hmmmmm....maybe a little difference.

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
I think his price is not that far off. Maybe check ebay, local, etc....

SATA vs SAS /warranty vs non / 6TB - 4TB / pre-prod vs oem

Hmmmmm....maybe a little difference.
Very different... I was just making a joke about the $/TB, hence the smiley face at the end. In warranty WD Black disks at $25/TB are a great deal.

As a sidenote, I have also bought a handful of in-warranty (3 years remaining) 6TB HGST SAS disks off eBay for $125 (~$21/TB), so better deals are out there if you really hunt. But, this sale is a very fair price for a bunch of very nice drives.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016

Those 6TBs didn't have a 5 yr warranty on them like these do though. You pay some extra for when the drive breaks WD gives you something to replace it.

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
Those 6TBs didn't have a 5 yr warranty on them like these do though. You pay some extra for when the drive breaks WD gives you something to replace it.
Yup. I understand, as my later comment mentioned, the disks I bought have no warranty. I was just saying with some searching and luck, one pay even less than $20/TB used. The disks that I purchased were all built in August 2017, and had 0 hours on them. They passed badblocks -wsv (a great test to weed out bad disks quickly) and have been running ever since.