FS: SOLD [ Please Close]

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DarkKnight

Jul 21, 2016
You know, I think I spent like $1200 just on my Noroco case and 24 port Highpoint controller, nevermind all the drives to fill it out, or the platform I picked up this summer. SMH.

This is a great price for that kind of storage folks. Would have saved me over a grand.

That said, with the mix of different size drives, it's not really suited to Unraid. Flexraid is a joke. Developer disappears for months at a time, says he's back, fixes nothing, then magically creates a new product to charge people for every year. If I could resell my Flexraid license for half what I paid for it, I'd still consider it a fair trade. Not sure how to best use the mix of drives. Probably have better luck selling, by splitting them off entirely, and selling the HDD individually.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
You know, I think I spent like $1200 just on my Noroco case and 24 port Highpoint controller, nevermind all the drives to fill it out, or the platform I picked up this summer. SMH.

This is a great price for that kind of storage folks. Would have saved me over a grand.

That said, with the mix of different size drives, it's not really suited to Unraid. Flexraid is a joke. Developer disappears for months at a time, says he's back, fixes nothing, then magically creates a new product to charge people for every year. If I could resell my Flexraid license for half what I paid for it, I'd still consider it a fair trade. Not sure how to best use the mix of drives. Probably have better luck selling, by splitting them off entirely, and selling the HDD individually.
unRAID is actually the perfect OS for drives of different sizes. All that matters is that your parity drive(s) be as big as the largest data drive. Same with SnapRAID.

DaddyGrant

Jul 14, 2016
unRAID is actually the perfect OS for drives of different sizes. All that matters is that your parity drive(s) be as big as the largest data drive. Same with SnapRAID.

Agreed. Unraid has it's place and has a huge following. It's great for backup targets, Media Storage and intro to dockers/virtualization. For a powerful ISCSI/NFS VMWare target... not so much. I used to be anti-Unraid for a long time until my cousin convinced me to give it a try. I know some have reservation about the "closed" nature of it's development but so far the company has been constantly improving the product to meet customer feedback.

@IamSpartacus Wish that board was being sold alone. I would of snapped it up for a future build.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Does the server include rails or are there rails available? Sliding rails preferred.
I did not buy sliding rails for this chassis because I had these shelves already. I will include them if wanted or you can buy the iStarUSA sliding rails made specifically for this chassis.