FS: (2019 Update) WD/HGST Factory Recertified Enterprise Drives, Seagate and Toshiba Drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TekramCalvin

TekramUSA
Oct 15, 2018
California
Previous post: HERE

So last year we had the opportunity to open our over stock of HGST Enterprise and WD drives for sale. I posted here and the reaction was great even though we had some small learning curves and growing pains.

We've noticed a lot of our customers are in the server or surveillance community. Most business use inquiries were for 8TB+, while private users were happy with anything on their budget from WD/HGST/Seagate/Toshiba. We've shipped from Canada all the way to the EU, with no drive packing horror stories like Amazon. Thanks to all the customers that I've messaged, you've helped make sure that I can still keep doing this.

For now, we'll be moving 8TB and 10TB Enterprise drives from HGST and Seagate onto our SITE again soon.

Initially we would list everything we had available on our site but that didn't work out. We were still fulfilling contracts AND selling the drives so sometimes the drives would become out of stock without the site updating. We've now moved over to taking in inquires and quotes over email since that is faster than receiving stock and dividing the drives between projects and for sale.

So if you're looking for a large order or for anything you don't see on the site, just contact me.

You can reach me at: Calvink@tekram.com

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I don't know how often Calvin checks in here, but all I can offer here is that my buying experience with TekRam over the Christmas break was great. If I had more spare cash to spend at the time I placed my order, I would have doubtless purchased a lot more disks from them. Send him a PM or email him directly, be patient and give him time to come back to you, and go from there :)

Reactions: TekramCalvin

TekramCalvin

TekramUSA
Oct 15, 2018
California
So 2019, we have new deals going on and will be operating differently in concern to different brands. I apologize if any posts/messages have been missed. We were really busy with CES and I seem to have an ongoing mail issue.

So going forward, we will be carrying new drives in addition to the old drives. A lot of people have have been asking about new drives because they would like the 5 year warranty versus the 90 day warranty we had for the factory refurbs or they were fulfilling contracts themselves, and needed new drives. We've actually have helped many contractors and collocation/server businesses as well.

Again, I don't make the decisions about which drives or how the process is set up, I'm just here to open up an opportunity to sell drives outside of our current customer/project list.
  • WD Red PRO: We'll be getting stock of these soon, mostly in the 4TB and 6TB variety in SATA.
  • Seagate Iron Wolf: We have access to these drives but I'm not sure about if we will have stock on hand for this.
  • HGST/WD Factory recertified HDD/SSD drives: We always have access to these and we carry the 8TB and 10TB in SATA/SAS.

Why don't we have prices?

We're still in the process of finishing setting up which drive we will carry full time. Also, since we don't sell drives online on Ebay/Amazon/Newegg, we don't look to compete with any of those businesses so our prices might be too low to list. Some people are frustrated that we won't openly list the prices for some drives, sorry but I can't influence that. Our prices may be competitive in regards to certain drives, so we can't price match or offer the same as other businesses.

Why don't we have stock?

We do but understand that half of our stock is set aside for ongoing projects and customers. We don't sell drives as our main business, so we don't stock all the drives available to sell. We can either quote and order drives or if we have overstock on drives (usually our most common drives) we will list them as instock here or on our website.

If I want to make an order of something not in stock, can I?

Yes you can! We just need to make sure there is stock for us to order so it may take some time to make this happen but we get a lot of requests for the HGST/WD recertified drives that we fulfill often.

So for now, until I can get finalized pricing on the rest of the drives; Website:Hard Drives - Tekram USA

HGST 8TB Recertified: $185
HGST 10TB Recertified: $230

Again, feel free to message me if something isn't in stock or for specific orders: calvink@tekram.com

Reactions: wsuff and T_Minus

TekramCalvin

TekramUSA
Oct 15, 2018
California
Thank you for posting this! I think that clears it up!
@ElBerryKM13
@brinox This is a commercial\vendor post, NOT a normal user "For Sale" thread.

Note: I've removed old posts, and cleaned up this sales thread.

Thank you! Sorry for us blurring the lines so much. Sometimes we have left overs and I reserve them to throw onto our site and other times it would be better to just take orders. Sorry again!

lerdsu

Aug 22, 2014
I picked up 21 drives from Calvin today at Tekram headquarters, transaction went smoothly and quickly and he was super helpful getting the 10TB drives quoted out and ordered for same day pick up. Will definitely be picking some more up when I fill this current lot.

Reactions: TekramCalvin

Emanuele

Mar 1, 2019
Hi, I'll receive soon my HGST 4U60 G1.
Do you have some 10TB HGST drive suitable for my unit? Send me pm and I'll send you HDDs list for this unit (I'm on smartphone now) thanks!