FS: 2 Used 1U Xeon E3-1270v2 + 16GB ECC Ram

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nhubbard

Dec 3, 2012
Boulder, CO
I'm looking to sell two of my "old" machines.

They are both:
  • SuperMicro X9SCL+-F
  • Xeon E3-1270v2 (Quad Core - 3.5 Ghz)
  • SuperMicro SC813MTQ-350CB 1U chassis includes rails
  • 16 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 ECC UDIMMS (4 * 4GB sticks)

Asking $750, would like to not part it out if possible.

nhubbard

Dec 3, 2012
Boulder, CO
I'm asking $750 for each server, but willing to accept offers.

I'm not going to lie, the noise the servers make surprised me. They are extremely quiet. On boot they are a little loud but once the OS starts and takes over fan management they are nice and quiet.

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
You should post some of the specs - those are nice little rack mount machines with four drive bays, PCIe3, IPMI, and Gold certified power. The CPUs alone are $350, and for $500 you are offering chassis, motherboard, CPU, and RAM.

Last edited:

talsit

Aug 8, 2013
Agree Dba, if I didn't just get a DL160... These are fine machines. That's a 'short' chassis isn't it nhubbard?

nhubbard

Dec 3, 2012
Boulder, CO
Agree Dba, if I didn't just get a DL160... These are fine machines. That's a 'short' chassis isn't it nhubbard?
The chassis is shorter then some of my other ones, but it is no where near as short as the 1U Supermicro Atom I have.

Supermicro shows that they are 19.8" deep.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Good deal but not right time of cycle for me. Suggest you post two things to sell fast:
Power and noise at idle and load if you can
Pictures!!!

abstractalgebra

Dec 3, 2013
MA, USA
Nice value.
Agreed Pictures and power load (idle vs. load) would help. I would love that for an all-in-one and transcoder, but the 1U noise has me worried. I'm also thinking 32GB would be required.

nhubbard

Dec 3, 2012
Boulder, CO
Nice value.
Agreed Pictures and power load (idle vs. load) would help. I would love that for an all-in-one and transcoder, but the 1U noise has me worried. I'm also thinking 32GB would be required.
I was worried about the noise when I bought the first one. I was extremely surprised at how quiet they are. I now have 4 of these chassises and hardly ever hear them.

They are in the utility room in a rack, and the fan/vent for the room makes more noise then all four of these plus some other gear combined. Obviously ignoring the louder startup noise as the fans run at full speed for a second before slowing down as the OS boots.

thewired1

Dec 12, 2013
I was worried about the noise when I bought the first one. I was extremely surprised at how quiet they are. I now have 4 of these chassises and hardly ever hear them.

They are in the utility room in a rack, and the fan/vent for the room makes more noise then all four of these plus some other gear combined. Obviously ignoring the louder startup noise as the fans run at full speed for a second before slowing down as the OS boots.
Are these still available?

nhubbard

Dec 3, 2012
Boulder, CO
thewired1, At this time these are no longer available. I've had to put them back into use. I will re-list them when they are ready to be sold again.