Freight forwarding services to Australia

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
@PhilipCra I've had good experience with Shipito. I like that I can consolidate or split goods into separate deliveries. For $5 I can put a custom request if I want sensitive goods to be repacked with extra protection: e.g. double box or extra foam or bubble wrap. For $3 they can custom size outer box to save costs, And I believe now take payments in overseas currencies. The only bug I have is if you want goods insurance, they will take goods out of packaging to take pics, which could be a concern if you have electrostatic sensitive goods. In these instances I have resorted to selecting just freight insurance if goods get lost. To date, I have not lost any packages. They have a calculator on their site if you want to compare prices. They freight a lot of stuff with various carriers (you can select which carrier you want) many more carriers than mentioned on Viabox website. Though I do like the idea that Viabox don't charge a lot of extra fees. I must compare their shipping calculators next time I need to freight. Let me know who their costs compare if you do the sums. Thanks for letting me know about Viabox. :)

Reactions: PhilipCra

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
PS. There are 3 USA addresses you can use with Shipito and one in Europe (Viabox does not necessarily paint the full picture about it's competitors)

enricoSa

Jun 16, 2017
Actually PlanetExpress.com is doing basically the same as Shipito but at a much lower prices so if you just want cheaper shipping go there

pgh5278

Oct 25, 2012
Australia
Actually PlanetExpress.com is doing basically the same as Shipito but at a much lower prices so if you just want cheaper shipping go there
Supply some comparisons to make apples to apples comparison..
Say a smaller box 30cm x 30cmx 60cm / 8kg and a say a 3 u server..
Say with DHL 2 to 4 day, and then a 7 to 9 day service..

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Don't know if it holds true in Australia like Singapore but using shipito CA has cheaper Amarex shipping than the other locations.

pgh5278

Oct 25, 2012
Australia
Thanks Boddy, guess we'll all be seeing how things go after 1st July ATO international tax grab..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
YES !, going to ship a few things I had standing Bye at Shipito, to miss this change, will be interesting to see if it makes any real difference?

enricoSa

Jun 16, 2017
hey enricoSa , can you throw up a few comparison prices for PlanetExpress please?
To Sydney 1235 zip - 20x20x20cm 1kg package:
Planet Mail Express (15 biz days) = $17.4 usd
Shipito Airmail Economy (20-45 biz days) = $26.69 usd

pgh5278

Oct 25, 2012
Australia
To Sydney 1235 zip - 20x20x20cm 1kg package:
Planet Mail Express (15 biz days) = $17.4 usd
Shipito Airmail Economy (20-45 biz days) = $26.69 usd
What about the server as requested, say a super micro 846 server in box 95cm x 38cm x 69cm, say value 650USD with full insurance, as it would not let me ship this on the site you are promoting..Even putting a 2U server in new box could not provide a price.

For sake of transparency do you work for or associated with planet express? If you are Australian how many shipments have you made with them, and what range of items, weight and dims etc. Looks like they only take smaller items..? What is Your experience, using them as someone who pays for the service.?
I have shipped 217 packages to Australia from USA,of all sizes and weights, generally with shipito/DHL (arrives within the week.)
Cheers Peter

CharlieDanger001

Apr 13, 2018
Hey guys, I am new here and would like to know more about shipping guitars from the US to Australia. They weigh about 10 pounds I think. Any suggestions?

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Hey guys, I am new here and would like to know more about shipping guitars from the US to Australia. They weigh about 10 pounds I think. Any suggestions?
Weight is not the issue in this case it’s cubic size. And in the case of a guitar that’s huge.
No real suggestions I am afraid though.

DRAGONKZ

Apr 9, 2018
I’ve used US to Oz in the past to ship things from the USA to AUS, and found the good to deal with.

They even have a service where if the vendor selling the products you want won’t sell outside of the USA, they will buy the item on your behalf (you obviously pay first).

I bought some sticks of RAM this way... (get a quote from them to buy, transfer money to them, they buy, quote to ship to me, transfer money, they ship)

Cheers

CharlieDanger001

Apr 13, 2018
Weight is not the issue in this case it’s cubic size. And in the case of a guitar that’s huge.
No real suggestions I am afraid though.
Hey Evan, thanks for the orientation. I found a parcel shipping site called Shop2Ship that ships from US to Australia. The prices for rates were low. Anybody here used their services? Any suggestions?