FreeNAS permissions problem

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Can't copy files to shared folder on 2nd FreeNAS box I just built. I'm getting an "Access Denied" message. I've gone over the setting until I'm blue in the face and cannot find the problem. My other FreeNAS box is working perfectly and I've set the new one up EXACTLY like the old one and still no joy. Windows will not let me alter any setting on the box, I get the same "Access Denied" message when I try. The setting on the old FreeNAS box are all "Full Control" so apparently I was able to set them in the past (about 2 years ago, my memory doesn't go back that far).

Any help appreciated.

j_h_o

Apr 21, 2015
California, US
You're copying from a Windows box to FreeNAS? Active Directory? What account is the Windows box using to connect to FreeNAS? What account are you logged in as, on the Windows box?

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
You're copying from a Windows box to FreeNAS? Active Directory? What account is the Windows box using to connect to FreeNAS? What account are you logged in as, on the Windows box?
Yes, from Windows to the FreeNAS box.

No Active Directory.

Same account credentials on both boxes. (Account on Windows box is Admin).

Thanks

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
NM. The folks over at the FreeNAS forum helped me out. Got a smart a$$ answer but the poster had the answer in his sig. :)

Xicaque

Mar 28, 2017
Olympia
Fritz, got a link to your solution? Yes, the FreeNAS forum is full of smart A$$es and they tend to act like everyone is an expert with FreeNAS. Most of the moderators fall short to understanding that many are new to FreeNAS. Glad you got it sorted out. I am having some issues similar to you and I am curious to learn your solution.