FreeNAS NFS Share to Proxmox - Errors

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
I'm trying to get a FreeNAS NFS share to work with Proxmox. I can get the Proxmox UI to show the share but I cannot use it for anything and I cannot see things like content.

I just upgraded to FreeNAS 9.10 and Proxmox 4.3-14. The old UIs were rough but usable. The new Proxmox UI looks nicer but it is mind bogglingly a step backward in being able to navigate.

Has anyone gotten this to work? I'm going nuts.

KioskAdmin

Jan 20, 2015
it's a permissions issue with FreeNAS not a setup problem in Proxmox.

Make a new volume. Left menu under volume there should be Change Permissions. Start by giving everyone all permissions and see if that works. If it does, then you can use the new and empty volume to make edits and test with Proxmox integration.

I'm going to agree with you. Just in that FreeNAS menu section you've got zvol, disk, volume and dataset. The new Proxmox UI and FreeNAS UI feel like they've been made by engineers not UI peeps.

Reactions: Jeggs101

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
Thank you. I can't believe that's it. Anyone have a template with correct permissions?