FreeNAS Corral: Can't create Groups?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cliffr

Apr 2, 2017
@msvirtualguy I'm on FreeNAS-Corral-MASTER-201704040629 and it's working for me. But it didn't in the initial release.

Go to System > Updates > Settings and you can get there. There's even a newer version than I have and I upgraded this AM.

I'm not a fan of this going nightly thing but that seems to be what they're doing instead of releasing a new dot release every 72 hours.

This is a big upgrade to the UI and I'm getting the sense they're still doing lots of bug fixes in nightlies instead of new functionality.

chief_j

Jul 31, 2014
US
You guys using snapshots with FreeNAS with Windows Previous Versions for your SMB shares?
I do, but it's really just a side effect of nightly snapshots & replication. I think I've had to restore something from a previous version once or twice. It seems pretty slow to enumerate through the directory structure, but other than that, it seems to work fine.