FreeNAS Corral 10.0.2 Live

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Just as a heads-up. If you downloaded the FreeNAS Corral-RELEASE ISO last week, you may want to get downloading again. The latest is FreeNAS-Corral-10.0.2.iso Download Freenas Release - FreeNAS - Open Source Storage Operating System

I had one install getting stuck on the initial boot at Loaded org.freenas.neighbord under the Release version but this seems to have fixed it.

For those already on the release version, there seems to be a Docker bug for the existing Docker VMs FreeNAS Corral 10.0.2 is out!

Early days for sure.

Last edited:

OBasel

Dec 28, 2010
If I have to re-install because of this network change bug I'll do this and hope for the best.

Xicaque

Mar 28, 2017
Olympia
Do you know if the new Corral requires the HBA to be reflashed? I am currently on 9.1.8 version with my HBA on version 15. I've searched the FreeNAS forums but there is not a lot of info there. Perhaps I get tunnel vision too soon...

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
I find that doing most/all things via CLI much much more reliable. There are still a large number of glitches in the web UI. The most common problem I noticed is performing tasks in web UI, specifically related to deleting things, the configuration does not get updated correctly. I've had to resort to accessing the local mongoDB and deleting the doc there then rebooting the server. Obviously that's not something you want to be doing on a regular basis.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I think somebody over at the FreeNAS forum has lost their mind, lol.

FreeNAS Community

Mine won't update. I get a "Error connecting to update server". Version is listed as "FreeNAS-Corral-RELEASE". Do I need to DL and install again?

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Ohh that's rich, BWA HAHAHA!

My 6 yr old kid just walked by and saw that and started singing 'My little pony so skinny and boney, tripped on a wire and fell in the fire'

I don't even wanna ask where he picked that up from lol. Kids...they say the darndest things!

Last edited:

azev

Jan 18, 2013
for some reason when I was testing Corral I was not able to create multiple ISCSI target like I did in the 9 version. Tried the CLI route but there's very little documentation out there, and I cannot find what I need.

Xicaque

Mar 28, 2017
Olympia
I am waiting for the first update on Corral. I know next to nothing about commands and all that jazz like some of you. Hopefully there will be more documentation by that update too. iXSystems has a couple of good videos in YT about Corral. Waiting for more tutorials as they promised they would load up some more in their channel.

I am eager to try it, but right now one of my server's PSU took a dump and I am migrating it part of the data to a new Supermicro Server.