FreeNAS 11.1 super buggy for anyone else?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

leonroy

Oct 6, 2015
Just upgraded two of our NAS boxes to the latest FreeNAS 11.1. We're facing the following issues:
  • SNMP service bringing down one box
  • NFS mounts timing out on the other box so no client at the moment can connect via NFS
  • One of the boxes reverted its hostname to 'freenas' (minor issue but suggests much QA isn't occuring)
FreeNAS has been pretty trouble free for us since 9.10 - we usually wait a few weeks before updating to a new release so skipped the whole Corral business. Anyone else seeing this level of issues with the latest release?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Very strange to see indeed. Have not upgraded. Now waiting a few months between FreeNAS upgrades but have also switched to ZFS on Linux.

leonroy

Oct 6, 2015
Thanks Patrick. Are you using any sort of UI or NAS distro to aid management on your ZFS Linux boxes?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Not right now. A lot are using Proxmox though so I rarely have to touch ZFS.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Is that the release from today?
Didnt have issues with the one before that at all and have not performed the upgrade until now (since I didnt see it this morning and now I'll wait - thanks for the heads up;) )

cheezehead

Sep 23, 2012
Midwest, US
I haven't run in the upgrade yet but I haven't heard any issues like that. Planning on upgrading my boxes over the next couple of weeks.