FreeNAS 10 Beta 2 install failing

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Anyone have any idea what is going on w/ this install, re-downloaded media just to be sure but this is happening 3 times in a row. FreeNAS10 Beta1 worked fine for me.

freenas10-beta2-install-failing.png

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I have only done metal with FreeNAS 10 beta 2 but it has worked.

Hank C

Jun 16, 2014
i found the freenas10 beta 2 loading to be very slow...not sure if this will be the final product. also Freenas 10 doesn't seem to have Chelsio T420 support

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
Freenas 10 doesn't seem to have Chelsio T420 support
That's odd. FreeBSD has had T420 support since at least FreeBSD 8. It doesn't look like the driver is loaded by default, though. According to the manpage, you need to add:
Code:
t4fw_cfg_load="YES"
t5fw_cfg_load="YES"
if_cxgbe_load="YES"
To the /boot/loader.conf file (you can test by doing "kldload" of each of those modules and seeing if the device appears). I'm not sure what the equivalent commands in FreeNAS are, though.

Reactions: Hank C and Patrick

Hank C

Jun 16, 2014
That's odd. FreeBSD has had T420 support since at least FreeBSD 8. It doesn't look like the driver is loaded by default, though. According to the manpage, you need to add:
Code:
t4fw_cfg_load="YES"
t5fw_cfg_load="YES"
if_cxgbe_load="YES"
To the /boot/loader.conf file (you can test by doing "kldload" of each of those modules and seeing if the device appears). I'm not sure what the equivalent commands in FreeNAS are, though.
i'll test this out when the GA is released...I am not that good with BSD either too

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Found a workaround

From FreeNAS cli
'account user root set password=newpassword'

I DID have some oddities w/ it not taking a password I set, used a shorter ver (1 character), took it, let me in GUI, ssh'ed in and reset using good ole' passwd, GUI passwd reset on root acct did not seem to work...very odd.

Guess that's why they call it a beta! LOL

Last edited: