Free Switches (and other stuff coming soon) local pickup near Sacramento CA.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Nnyan

Mar 5, 2012
Trying to get down to a WAF factor of less then 10. I have a number of items that I just want to get rid of. So far this is what I have (will update as I find things in boxes that have been sitting in my garage for a while). These are used and obvious rack pulls with plenty of rack rash but last time I checked all ports worked fine. None of these are POE models.

Nortel 4526GTX
https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100097775
24 port gigabit with 4 shared SFP ports and 2 XFP 10GE ports

Dell 6224
24 port gigabit with 4 shared SFP ports. Includes 2-port 10GE stacking module and 2 port 10GE XFP module.
*NOTE* I removed the original fans for quieter (still not very quiet but not a jet) sunon fans. But these spin too slowly and you get a red fan light on switch. It still boots up and works fine. If I can find the original fans I'll include them.

ThinkPad Mini-Docks Series 3 with USB 3.0 These are NIB.
Type 4337-15U
ThinkPad Mini Dock Series 3 - Overview - US
Works with some very old Thinkpad models (EX: T400 to T420).

Coming soon: old laptops, desktops, monitors, cisco gear.

Last edited:

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Man that Nortel and Dell are so tempting since I'm just south of you in the bay area today. But the wife would so kill me...

Nnyan

Mar 5, 2012
You need to spin it...Hon I really needed a switch and i got them for free, I'm saving the fam $$$

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
You need to spin it...Hon I really needed a switch and i got them for free, I'm saving the fam $$$
Oh, all the it stuff I get is 'junk' so I always have to either hide it or use it at a site--and if she sees it. :eek:

Enterprise class powerhouse good stuff=junk. Crappy ccc stuff from Amazon=okay. :rolleyes:

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I agree.. Plug your wife's computer into a 3Com 10Mb hub and let her know that you need to upgrade.

3COM SUPER STACK HUB 24 PORT 3C6475 662705037462 | eBay

I
am sure I have a few BayStack 10 and 100Mb hubs in the storage unit.
HAHAHA!! Are you trying to get me killed?!?! If the Internet drops below a couple of hundred megabits, I get 'the call'. :D

But she's justified in this since she does work from home and a lot of her work involves video calls so latency and solid bandwidth are important.

Reactions: SRussell

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Arrrghh! I live in the Sac area myself, and more 10GB would be nice. But, if I get caught bringing another switch into the house....

Coming soon: old laptops, desktops, monitors, cisco gear.
On the other hand, if there's something good in that next lot, I'll have to take the risk! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Arrrghh! I live in the Sac area myself, and more 10GB would be nice. But, if I get caught bringing another switch into the house....

On the other hand, if there's something good in that next lot, I'll have to take the risk! :rolleyes:
Brother I feel you! :D