Free: Supermicro 1028GR-TR 2011-3 triple GPU 1U & a couple others

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
So, I purchased this on eBay and the seller decided to use bubble wrap instead of something more appropriate. Unsurprisingly, it arrived a little beat up. Maybe one of your can put it to use and don't mind the cosmetic defects?

Gone - The only catch is that I won't ship it again. You'll have to come get it from me in Phoenix. Otherwise first come, first serve, so long as you have been registered on the forum prior to today. I'm keeping the power supplies as spares, but everything else is there. The top cover is included, I just took it off for a quick photo.

These 2 are now gone - I also have a couple other 1Us in similar condition. Both dual socket, one 2011 and the other 2011-3. The latter even has 10GbE. Power supplies included on those.

Last edited:

brinox

May 7, 2013
This is why you don't use bubble wrap to ship heavy and expensive computer items... I received a server back in November that was supposedly "packed to the gills" in a generic box. It arrived in a very similar condition as this.

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
Bubblewrap sucks. You want something fragile to arrive safely - stuff the box with paper, free newspapers work nicely for example. These aren't my words, but words of very experienced movers.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
BlueFox, I'm in Tucson and interested. Are they still available?

Thanks
I have a few interested parties that reached out to me already and am trying to arrange pickup with the first, so unfortunately probably not at this point. I'll update the thread if things fall through however and let you know.