FREE: Celestix 2U x86 network appliance with SAS, 8 x 1GbE, etc

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

747builder

Dec 17, 2017
if it falls thru , pick me. i could really use it.

Never mind. i dont meet your requirements but i could really use the hardware if the current one falls thru.

Last edited:

rune-san

Feb 7, 2014
Just posting to say I remember several years ago seeing a Client with a couple of these and being fascinated by seeing something so unusual (a server with knobs?!). Cool to see this out here :D

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Just posting to say I remember several years ago seeing a Client with a couple of these and being fascinated by seeing something so unusual (a server with knobs?!). Cool to see this out here :D
The OEM for these is actually this company: Lanner | Network Security Appliance, Industrial Computer, Embedded System, Vehicle Computer, Industrial Firewall, Digital Signage, Telecom Datacenter Appliance

The exact model of the unit I gave away is this: Nitrox-Accelerated Network Security Platform | FW-8892 | Lanner

The knob can be used for initial config (setting IPs and such), changing boot options (boot from restore partition or back to revert back to last known good config), and of course depressing it when the unit is off has it act like the power button.

As far as I'm aware, Celestix rebranded them and sold them with a few minor hardware modifications. They actually sold them to other companies and then they rebrand them too (like RSA). I used to have a large collection of them and liked to put pfSense on them for deployments (though I kept ISA Server/ForeFront on a few). Here's what it looked like at once point:

Reactions: fohdeesha