Forums buried on site redesign

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Title pretty much says it all. I used to be able to click to the forums pretty quick from the little link at the very top. With the redesign I had to hunt for quite a while, then finally found it at the very bottom, which still took me to this page where I had to click through...

Reactions: RandyC and Patrick

azev

Jan 18, 2013
Title pretty much says it all. I used to be able to click to the forums pretty quick from the little link at the very top. With the redesign I had to hunt for quite a while, then finally found it at the very bottom, which still took me to this page where I had to click through...
Ditto.

Reactions: Patrick

nickscott18

Mar 15, 2013
Just came here to post exactly the same thing . . .

Reactions: Patrick

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
All, great feedback.

Elasticsearch took a dive but should be up now.

On the forums link, there are now links in the menus.

Thanks everyone.

mackle

Nov 13, 2013
Yeah the forum link doesn't appear on the main site. It does on the forum page, positioned where the 'new posts today' is located on the main site page.

Reactions: Jeggs101

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
Windows IE, Windows Chrome have links.

Site looks good. Tried on my Nexus 7 and Samsung Galaxy 6 and looks fine awesome.

Did you guys shift reload?

And @Zankza on my site I simply do not support requests from people who use ad blockers. I don't know if STH does the same but if you don't support the sites I run I don't support you. If you have other stuff running in browsers screwing with rendering (shown in your screenshot) then how can anyone vouch that it is working as intended???

Reactions: Patriot and OBasel

OBasel

Dec 28, 2010
I see the forum links on both the top and dropdown menus. TBH the old site sucked on my phone and this one works much better. It renders fine for me.

+1 on the adblock thing.

mackle

Nov 13, 2013
ctrl refresh worked.

I didn't think about having to do that as it had been the first time I'd navigated to the main page from this computer.

TuxDude

Sep 17, 2011
I gotta say I'm not a fan of the new design either. Biggest complaints for me so far are that the front-page doesn't have enough content on it anymore - between the giant images for each article and the advertising everywhere else, I now only get a single headline on the front page and have to scroll to see more (on a 1920x1200 maximized browser window). And once you browse to an article, again I have to scroll down to get to any content other than the headline, which is written over a background image making it harder to read than it should be. Then there's a blue strip down the left side that really makes it look like I've accidentally selected a large part of the page, except that clicking all over doesn't clear the selection. And yes - I've accidentally clicked on 2 ad's today already while trying to clear a selection that I never made.

nickscott18

Mar 15, 2013
All, great feedback.

Elasticsearch took a dive but should be up now.

On the forums link, there are now links in the menus.

Thanks everyone.
Much easier to find the forums now - and as for the new layout, for how I view the site, it's a nice improvement (mostly viewed from my mobile).

mstone

Mar 11, 2015
Having to shift reload is a sign of a web site bug.

As for ad blockers...I'll stop blocking ad networks when ad networks stop handing out malware. They don't take responsibility for the content they push, so I can't/won't trust them.

Reactions: Zankza