Forum RSS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jbraband

Feb 23, 2011
Patrick,

a minor awesome feature to get would be an RSS feed of forum posts. this would help my productivity at work :D

googling a bit, it looks like vBulletin has RSS feeds out of the box, although they aren't turned on by default.

i dont see any ads on the forum, which would be a reason to not enable rss and drive more traffic to the site.

no biggie, just a nice-to-have

-jeremy

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I will certainly look into this. I am just a bit concerned about what happens if the posts per day grow to 10x what they are today. The feed may be useful now, but what happens when the post rate gets too high?

My sense is that the forums will at some point require ads to become self-sustaining. I deliberately am not showing any ads just to make the experience a bit better since I know there is not the most content on here yet.

On the plus side, as of a few minutes ago, ServeTheHome is now on Twitter! http://twitter.com/ServeTheHome

jbraband

Feb 23, 2011
eww...thats a good point about volume. I suppose too that when volume picks up, coming to the site to check for posts will always be fruitful.