For Sale: Supermicro rail kits. Full, inner/outer all hardware. Works for 2u, 3u, 4u, and 5u servers. MCP-290-00057-0N rev B

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Mike75020000

Feb 27, 2023
Hey guys. I have 4 sets of Supermicro rail kits that I want to sell. They're model # MCP-290-00057-0N rev B (Green Label. I know only two pairs are pictured, I have four total pairs for sale. These <WILL> work for 2u and 3u servers, you just won't be able to pull the lid off of your server when you extend the rails all the way out. You can either be (very) careful, and continue to pull the server a couple inches beyond what the rails were designed for, or, you can pull the server out of the rack entirely, leaving the inner rail attached, and do your maintenance out of the rack)

Comes with <everything> you need to install. Inner + Outer rail, mounting screws for server chassis inner rail, and the rack retention screws, if you want to make certain they don't come out of your rack.

Selling for $35/pair plus shipping (Suspect anywhere from $15+ depending on what service level you want)

I think this should be a smoking deal for anybody that wants them, especially if you need multiple pairs to save on shipping. If I'm off base with pricing, let me know.

Attachments

Last edited:

DarthCirrus

Dec 12, 2022
Great price! I got excited, until I realized they were the 4-5U rails :(

Need a set for a 2U SM chassis I picked up…

Reactions: Samir

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020

They will most likely fit your 2U chassis.

The reason why they're labeled 4-5U rails is because they can not be pulled out as far as the 2U-3U yellow label MCP-290-00053-0N

If you buy those rails, you just need to be aware that for most Supermicro chassis, you won't be able to take the lid off without pulling them a small distance out of the rails (or taking them completely out of the rails)

Almighty

Oct 27, 2019
To anyone wondering, these MCP-290-00057-0N are just fine for 2U through 5U for most cases. I use these and pull my 826, 836, 846 or 847 out and can get lid off without the whole case coming out of the rack. I'm just careful with it. If you have a longer depth like a 2U dual/quad node server you'll want to go with the 53 part number, but those are more rare. Great price!

Mike75020000

Feb 27, 2023
They for sure work with 2u chassis - but like Nabla said, for heavy-duty maintenance, you'll need to either be careful, or, pull it all the way out of the rails.

The reason why they're labeled 4-5U rails is because they can not be pulled out as far as the 2U-3U yellow label MCP-290-00053-0N

If you buy those rails, you just need to be aware that for most Supermicro chassis, you won't be able to take the lid off without pulling them a small distance out of the rails (or taking them completely out of the rails)
Also, Nabla! Look what I found when I got deeper into these racks! Is THIS the yellow label?

Attachments

DarthCirrus

Dec 12, 2022

I won’t be able to take the lid off without pulling them a small distance out of the rails (or taking them completely out of the rails) if I purchase the 4-5U rails, or the 2-3U rails, or both?

I bought an old CSE-216 with an X8 Mobo(Cisco branded) that I’m converting into an H12 system.

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
I won’t be able to take the lid off without pulling them a small distance out of the rails (or taking them completely out of the rails) if I purchase the 4-5U rails, or the 2-3U rails, or both?
Only if you buy the 4-5U ones, the 2-3U ones allow taking the lid off without pulling the chassis out of the rails (at least for any Supermicro 2U chassis I've ever touched - there might be exceptions for super deep GPU servers or whatever, but if it's a standard 826, 216, 825, etc... chassis, it works that way)

Also, Nabla! Look what I found when I got deeper into these racks! Is THIS the yellow label?
Yes, the left one is a yellow label. The right one is a green label

Mike75020000

Feb 27, 2023

Unsure if we're allowed to link youtube videos...

I've got you time-tagged to appropriate portion of the video.

Theres a pretty good description of what we're talking about. So, IF you use the green (or blue, in this video) rails - AND you want to take the lid off, you can either be <very> careful as he shows in the video, or, pull the server out of the rack entirely (leaving the inner rails attached to the server)

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
The creator of that video is a well known member of this forum. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Bert

Mike75020000

Feb 27, 2023
The creator of that video is a well known member of this forum. :)
I'm learning all sorts of stuff today :)

I went and picked up this rack and some others like it today from a local recycler, and it came with a heap of rail kits. I had <hoped> that they would fit my Dell 720's, but, alas, they're SuperMicro. So, now I get to play the game of sell-supermicro-rails | buy-dell-rails.

Attachments

Reactions: NablaSquaredG

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
What awesome luck. I just got 4x 826 that I need rails for.

YGPM

Hey guys. I have 4 sets of Supermicro rail kits that I want to sell. They're model # MCP-290-00057-0N rev B (Green Label. I know only two pairs are pictured, I have four total pairs for sale. These <WILL> work for 2u and 3u servers, you just won't be able to pull the lid off of your server when you extend the rails all the way out. You can either be (very) careful, and continue to pull the server a couple inches beyond what the rails were designed for, or, you can pull the server out of the rack entirely, leaving the inner rail attached, and do your maintenance out of the rack)

Comes with <everything> you need to install. Inner + Outer rail, mounting screws for server chassis inner rail, and the rack retention screws, if you want to make certain they don't come out of your rack.

Selling for $35/pair plus shipping (Suspect anywhere from $15+ depending on what service level you want)

I think this should be a smoking deal for anybody that wants them, especially if you need multiple pairs to save on shipping. If I'm off base with pricing, let me know.

Mike75020000

Feb 27, 2023
Update all - I still have 3 green sets left and 1 yellow set (the yellows I need to sell for $45/set, with inner/outer, plus shipping)

I've had a few people reach out about sending a shipping label to me so they don't need to pay (me) shipping costs. This is completely reasonable for me - just please add $8 to whatever total you want so I may buy you a strong box and package it appropriately. At $35/set, I suspect its still tremendous value, especially with multiple sets.