Flex to 1U PSU adapter Fabrication

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

earth4s

Jun 4, 2016
Texas
I decided to dust off my U-NAS 800 case and finally do something with it. Unfortunately I managed to order a FLEX PSU power supply instead of a 1U PSU that it is intended to have. My Google-fu has show their are adapters out their but decided to see if I can fabricate one on my 3D printer.

Now, this is where I have run into problems. Does anyone know where I can get good diagrams of both the FLEX and 1U PSU mounting face layouts? It seems simple enough but I want to make sure its accurate. I'll share once I'm done.

EDIT: I created the bracket but ended up buying a 1U PSU instead. Here is the link to the bracket on Thingiverse. You could probably send it to a place and get it laser cut instead of printing it.

Flex PSU to 1U PSU bracket

Last edited:

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
I use the same case - is your PSU able to be fixed at both ends? The flex PSU I used in my builds (Seasonic 300W in both cases) is only affixed to the exterior of the case as there's no mounting that would fit internally and as such I don't think a 3D-printed part would have anywhere near enough strength for this use case; any significant lateral movement I think would put enough strain on the plastic to snap it.

FWIW I bought some nice adapters for a few quid apiece from the same bods that imported the case for me (UKian here) so not sure if I'd consider 3D printing economically viable either...

earth4s

Jun 4, 2016
Texas
I got the FSP 50ow (FSP500-50FSPT) power-supply. It has threaded holes for screws on the end but I haven't found a bracket that would work. I found the metal adapters you mention but I live State side so the time and cost isn't appealing to me. With all that said I am looking at also designing a retainer bracket to hold the power supply up and keep it from moving. There is a design on Thingiverse for 1U power-supply that gave me the idea.