Flashing switch firmware with flashrom

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Calcipher

Dec 8, 2017
I have a T2600-28GS switch which for whatever reason does not save the config anymore. It still has the initial configuration I made when I set it up for the first time and it always falls back to that no matter how often I hit "save config" or reset it.
Firmware is already the latest one and flashing an older image just seems to change the backup image. But booting the backup image does not work either, just the normal image gets booted. Reading the configuration from a backup file involves always rebooting the switch, which of course boots the old config ...
So I am stuck more or less. My next idea was to try to flash the chip directly with flashrom. There are bin files for the firmware which you can download but I don't know if you can flash them directly. Also I'm not sure what whould happen to the backup image. Anyone here ever did something like that?