flash tools for SFP+ modules

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

yukas

Jun 3, 2022
Hi,
Want to flash my Brocade SFP+ FC modules to Cisco vendor id - i try software on CH341 programmer but not success. What tools you use for work with SFP+ modules?

sko

Jun 11, 2021
Don't know what you actually want to achieve, but on cisco gear running IOS you can just set
Code:
#service unsupported-transceiver
#no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid
and use non-cisco transceivers.

The 'unsupported-transceiver' setting is hidden/undocumented, so it won't auto-complete or show up with 'service ?'. If you get a warning message, stating that you are on your own if cisco thinks a third-party transceiver is the cause of your problems, it worked.

Stephan

Apr 21, 2017
Germany
Suggests that true OEM require a password or some key before you can write. Gear sold by FS probably doesn't need such a thing.

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Thanks, but I'm looking only software to check for compatibility for change vendor id/SN. Ideal would be an open source or ch341 programmer etc.
I started working on something like that some time ago (with full features like also setting Infiniband bits), but haven't finished it yet.

In the meantime, try REVELPROG-IS and the matching QSFP board. It allows you to write arbitrary setups to transceivers (if they're not read only) and also allows you to bruteforce password for locked transceivers

Reactions: BoredSysadmin