Firmware update for HPE LTO-7 drive.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wenter

Nov 17, 2021
Hello, all.
Posting here since I did not find a separate category for LTO drive, but they are distantly related to HDD's so I hope this is ok.

I have an HPE LTO-7 tape drive and I am trying to update firmware on the drive. Since I have HPE warranty on my servers I thought that this will take care of the access to the files. I was wrong. In order to have access to firmware for the tape drive a separate support contract is needed. I would like to ask if anyone has such access and is willing to share the file Software Details | HPE Support Center
Thanks

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
I have an HPE LTO-7 tape drive and I am trying to update firmware on the drive. Since I have HPE warranty on my servers I thought that this will take care of the access to the files. I was wrong. In order to have access to firmware for the tape drive a separate support contract is needed.
One of the reasons my company will no longer buy from HP[E].

I can't help with this firmware version, unfortunately. I'm replying mostly so others searching for LTO firmware can find the resources I'm listing here.

Overland FTP site - firmware for some HP LTO drives and some IBM-personality IBM drives: here

Lenovo FTP site - up-to-date firmware for IBM-personality IBM drives, without the IBM paywall: here

Dell - firmware for Dell-personality IBM drives - you have to search for it. Try "PowerVault 124T", "PowerVault TL4000", etc.: here