Finding and changing the VendorID on a 9362-8i card.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rsumperl

May 18, 2017
Good Monday everyone,
So, after speaking with LSI's tech support this morning, they said the VendorID will need to be changed on my NEC 9362-8i card to be able to flash to the latest 3108 firmware. They offered no info on changing the VendorID or even how to find it. He said I could try flashing from MegaRAID Storage Manager, but he said it will error out. He claimed to have a case last week of trying to flash a 9362 card.
So... how do I find and change the VendorID? Will having two 9361-8i presently deployed aid in what I need to do?

Thanks
Ray

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
This was on my list of things to try to flash 9440-8i on a 9400-8i controller. Just had not gotten around to doing it. Check StorCLI documentation. I know you can use "storcli c<x> get / show to find Vendor ID, Dev ID, Sub-Vendor ID, Sub-Dev ID etc. Not sure if you can "storcli c<x> set" to update it.

LSIutil v1.73 is another option. Search github for the source code and need to compile it on your specific distro.

You may need to use storcli.efi for certain operations.