Finally created a private pool to learn a bit about it.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Used this version running in a Ubuntu 16.04 VM on my ProMox server with Apache 2 as the web server.

dvandal/cryptonote-nodejs-pool

Works like a charm and not too hard to figure out, even with a head cold making the ol brain a bit sluggish.

Of course this is for my own use on my lan ....really would not want to expose this to the internet at all since I have done zero tweaking or configuring.

Just wanted to get it working and mine to it for a couple of days for testing and for fun and i'll play around with the configs later.

I have been wanting to create a pool for a year or so but never tried until now, this is actually the second version of cryponote-node-js-pool that I tried.

The first version I tried had errors at just about every installation step so I gave up and searched for a easier and more current one to try.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: ste.mo

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Every now and then I get a "no incoming connection error" with monerod.

Works fine for an hour or so then it pops up then I have to restart monerod.

Its odd, I did not have port forwarding configured on my router for this at all and it works fine for a while.

So I went ahead and opened up that port to see what happens.

Attachments

Last edited:

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Oh and with my hashrate finding a block every two months on average mining monero on my own pool wont even come close to paying for the electricity use so this is just a learning experience not an actual for profit deal.

Reactions: ste.mo

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Went ahead and rebooted, then restarrted Redis and it had a couple of errors displayed that I had to fix then rebooted again and now it runs correctly.

Letting the pool run all day with one miner connected to test some more.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Still get the monerod error, but the blockchain is fully synced at %100 so I'm going let it run.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
On to phase 2:

Creating a new VM and will create a pool for a cryptonote based coin with a REALLY low hashrate.

Reason for that is I don't want to wait a couple of months it might take me to earn a monero block to tell me that the pool is working correctly.

So I will create a pool and mine to it with a coin that will allow me to have a mined block or two in a reasonable time to confirm that what I am doing works correctly. ;)

Last edited: