Feelin' silly, can some kind soul straighten me out

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
OK, so my last combo compute deal had some issues moving here so it's time to head to ebay. Can anyone tell me why for the life of me I am struggling w/ this? Looks like if I was to attempt to put that socket 2011 cover on it would bend pins? Am I losing it, I gently placed/set it on there and it didn't seem right so I was NOT abt to smash down retainers?

X9SRL-F-socket-cover-inquiry.jpg

Please help good sirs! Did I mess up orientation or am I overly paranoid? Something seems off!

TIA, whitey

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
If I recall correctly, close the lid and the black cover pops right in over the pins. It shouldn't touch any pins.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
@marcoi is correct. It snaps on top of the metal retention bracket. Angle the tabs in on one side and snap in the other. You can do it pretty safely with it closed, but if you're worried you can snap it in open like in your picture.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Duh, lmfao, noob time
Atleast you kept all that stuff, I had a tendency to throw it all out assuming I would never need again... and what do you know... some would be useful now. Such is life.