faster 2.5 external USB drives? (nonshingled?)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Does anyone know what the performance difference of shingled vs nonshingled laptop sized drives are for sustained write when theyre basically clean to start?

I'm trying to set up a system for offloading terabytes of field-shot 4k to 6k digital video as fast as I reasonably can. I'd like to just dump full SD cards right to a couple of mirrored 2.5" external USB drives on a laptop to free up the SD cards for more video shooting so speed matters. Ie overnight I just hook stuff up for an automatic copy with verify.

However I don't need total random access/I know shingled drives can have more problems with 'stuttering' when rewriting areas that have files changing but this should be simple dumping of SD cards with wiping the drive when migrating data off to be reused in the future. Nonshingled might be ideal but if there's a big price difference it might be okay.

Looking for models to buy specifically OR somewhere I could ask people if someone knows better on another forum, since looking on amazon and such doesn't seem to tell me SMR or PMR.