Eye-Fi Pro x2 8GB + WiFi SD Card (for cameras)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I am guessing a lot of people here are into photography. I was looking at the Eye-Fi Pro x2 8GB + WiFi SD card which lets one transfer images off cameras via WiFi and saw that it was $150 MSRP, $135 on NewEgg, and $99.99 on Amazon.com.

Cheapest I have seen on this one and will probably go pick this up in the next week unless someone has had a lot of bad experiences with them.

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
Glad you mention this, I think I'm finally going to get one of these because my laziness with looking around for the right cable to plug my camera in and upload pics has actually impacted my motivation for creating ebay listings i need to create, or take pics for my blog or forum write-ups.

i have four or five different cams from cheapies to a big dslr, all with different cables and memory cards, and my card readers are always getting lost due to g/f. if an EyeFi really lets me take pics around the house and auto beam them to my server, it'll be a godsend.

although since i'm not really interested in extra SD storage space and mainly just the Wifi ability, i might just get the 4GB version for less than half the price on amazon.

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I think the reason I'm going to end up getting the Pro x2 version is that it allows for RAW capture/ transfer AND Ad-hoc transfers. My CF card reader + cable for my trusty 20D is huge compared to my Macbook Air which I am using all the time now.

See: http://www.eye.fi/products/compare-cards

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I just bought one too. Going to try HDR photography which I'm sure will eat storage space like crazy.