EU EU - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SonOfSanta

Aug 14, 2020
Denmark
Hi,

Free cse-829 spare parts No longer available, has found a new home.
Locally picup 30 min outside copenhagen, Denmark - or you pay the shipping fee :)

The parts:
* x10dru-i
* 2 x pws-1K02A-1R
* Aoc-2ur6-i4xt
* rsc-w2-66
* 2 x snk-p0058psu
Please note that the two psu "trigger" and hinge a little bent, but they work fine.

Last edited:

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
I have some stuff to give away as I don't think I can (ethically) sell them, but before I recycle them I figured would ask if anyone wants them?
To give an indication of the state of the devices, I have put the reason why I don't think I can/want to sell them in parenthesis.
  1. 1x SAS 4i4e controller with SAS2308 controller (reason: I can't test the 4e part)
  2. 2x Brocade 1020 w. both brackets (reason: low value, it's an old card and newer better cards are available for cheap)
  3. 1x Toshiba 1.2TB NVMe AIC SSD (reason: not recognized by OS/BIOS on multiple different boards; I assume it does not work, I have not tried the smbus/kapton tape thing)
  4. 1x Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8, 8-port SAS/SATA card with Marvell controller, currently without brackets, but I have some lying around that might work (reason: honestly I have no faith in Marvell controllers, also I observed weird errors in "dmesg" log on Linux)
  5. 1x Chelsio T540-CR without bracket (reason: while I have had the card installed in a test system, where it was recognized, the card has damage to the PCIe "finger")
  6. 1x PBA-G35316-612 (some kind of SAS controller in mezzanine form factor, I think for Intel - notably this is not OCP style) (Reason: I can't test it - also quite obscure)
  7. 1x PBA-G15234-350 (4 port 1g mezzanine, like the other one I think it also for an Intel system and also not OCP style) (Reason: I can't test it)
  8. U-NAS NSC-800 case (Datto Branded) (reason: the soft plastic on the trays for the drives has become very sticky - it is kind of disgusting, also I can't ship it safely)
  9. 2x dynatron 2U (I think) LGA2011 narrow-ILM heatsinks (reason: low value)
  10. 2x LGA2011 2U square-ILM heatsinks (from an Asus barebone) (reason: low value)
If you are interested in some of the above, let me know, except for the U-NAS case I can probably ship the devices (you will need to pay for shipping), but I strongly prefer local pickup in Copenhagen.

I will update the list as things are "sold".
I reserve all rights to select who gets what (assuming there are conflicts).

Last edited:

SonOfSanta

Aug 14, 2020
Denmark

*** no longer availeble - has found a ned Home ****

Hi,

Maybe someone can use an H11SSL-NC?

I can't get it to work - when the power is connected, the fans start, but it doesn't boot.

It can be accessed via IPMI. There, I've tried through both the web interface and SUM to update the BIOS and BMC, both downgrading and upgrading.

I've also tried to clear the CMOS, following the guide made by Patrick.

Upon visual inspection, it doesn't seem like anything is shorted. I've tried both inside and outside of the cabinet, as well as with different PSUs.

I've also tried with different RAM sticks and configurations - the only thing I haven't been able to try is a different CPU. I've tried with a 7551P, which works in another setup, but I only have this one 7001 series CPU.

All without success :/

So if anyone wants to try their luck, or can use it for spare parts - they just need to pay for the shipping :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Sure - maybe I can send it in if it doesnt work... Why haven't you tried that?

Oh and the pics dont work;)

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Right, a FF issue. Prolly a privacy plugin ;)

Edit: working on FF as well now. Weird

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Ah I see its a 7001 only board which means its probably cost prohibitive to try to fix it for 200 bucks or so;)
Maybe I need to retract my interest given that I'd need to buy stuff to even test in the first place:p

SonOfSanta

Aug 14, 2020
Denmark
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have been in contact with Supermicro - both their support and their RMA department. Unfortunately, without success, and they did not offer to fix it for a fee.

Ah I see its a 7001 only board which means its probably cost prohibitive to try to fix it for 200 bucks or so;)
Maybe I need to retract my interest given that I'd need to buy stuff to even test in the first place:p
No problem, and yes - 7001 only board :/

Ganet

May 14, 2021
I have several really old Dell servers I am gonna bin but if anyone wants them they are welcome to them.

They are mostly generation 9 servers 1950/2950's etc but one is a generation 10 R905, there is also quite a lot of ecc ddr2 between them some fb and some not.

If anyone is interested I can put together a list and check what works and is complete, but I am guess they are too old for anyone to have an interest.

I am in Devon UK for any collections.

let me know if anyone wants a list.