EU [EU-GER] FS: 19x NEW SSD Samsung PM9A3 3.84TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 — PLP — Endurance ~7 PBW // Shipping worldwide

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knorps

Feb 8, 2021
First of all, this is clearly a lie:

A few days later I receieve a NAKED M.2 drive rattling around in this paper envelope ('antistat' broken):
The drive was wrapped in antistatic foil and taped down, as can be seen in the picture @Lennong posted.

C00704 2 POC_3024_4032.jpg
This is a screenshot of the drive in question working fine before i sent it to @Lennong, and here is the drive after i received it back from @Lennong:

IMG_20220409_100544.jpgIMG_20220409_100556_1.jpg

After visual inspection, there is no sign of physical damage (such as scratches – except for the M.2 contacts now showing multiple attempts of insertion into a socket– or missing SMD components, cracked PCB etc.).

It can plausibly be ruled out that anything harmful would have occured in transit since the part was wrapped in antistatic foil and protected from undue physical stress, the inner and outer packaging was intact and there was no mention from @Lennong whatsoever in this regard after receiving it.

As such, i have to assume that either software or hardware malfunction caused this issue, and since i did not physically connect the part again after my inital verification of its condition via Crystaldiskinfo and taking the screenshot shown above, and the part was handled by me the exact same way as the other parts sold to happy buyers such as @tubs-ffm , my conclusion is that any damage must have occured while it was outside of my custody.

What i can not rule out is that @Lennong mishandled the part and caused damage during use or unsuccessfully tried reflashing the firmware, and they have not brought forward any kind of proof to counter this.

Additionally, @Lennong showed some extremely dishonest behaviour:

"Either way I will write something about it in the thread in terms of "responsible seller" and something about my postal service butchered the package and around the terms of that."

"I believe that should prop up the quality and trust aspect a bit for you, and you possibly could get a bit more leeway in terms of pricing after that, if you understand what I mean."

Since i personally don't think that there are any issues whatsoever with my trustworthiness or pricing, and there also was no sign whatsoever of anyone butchering the package, i declined:

"you can write whatever you want in my sales thread, no need to make up stories about a butchered package. I prefer sticking to facts, and those are that the drive worked when i bought it (witness available, the person i bought it from), it worked when i sent it (which the CDI Screenshot proves) and now it doesn't. From my perspective, that doesn't reflect badly on me at all."

After informing @Lennong of my refusal to refund them, they threatened me with physical harm:

"Ok, have it your way. I will post it in the thread as I see fit. ..but thats not the real issue you going to have. You will pay for it, when I visit you to collect it. ..and you will pay for it double then. Trust me, you will..

You have absolutely no idea who you dealing with. I am 57 years old and not really the dude you are imagening here. I have taken care of plenty of situations like this when people think they can weasle themself out of their responsibility."

They are leaving me no choice but to file a criminal complaint with the swedish police for threats, unlawful public disclosure of personal information and libel, and i personally couldn't recommend doing any kind of business with @Lennong to anyone for those reasons.

Last edited:

tubs-ffm

Sep 1, 2013
A few days later I receieve a NAKED M.2 drive rattling around in this paper envelope ('antistat' broken):
I cannot, and I do not want to comment on the claim handling in this specific case.

But I can say that the packaging in my case for two modules technically was OK. To be honest, I personally would have done it better by using a small box instead of an envelope. So, there is room for improvement. But comparing to other staff I bought on eBay over decades, in my case I rate the packaging as average, not perfect but acceptable. I do not have pictures of the shipping to me. The modules were wrapped in anti-static foil and taped together with several sheets of cardboard to protects against touching each other, to outside and against bending.

Reactions: knorps

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
Report me how much you want. If you believe it will be benefitial to you I actually recommend you to do so.
However, no physical threat has been levied. I simply state that you will pay for it + my expenses when I visit you and discuss the matter in person. Most people realize they are dealing with a real person then, not an anonymous keyboard jockey on the interweb. Simple as that.

Also, I will not comment anymore on the matter here or in PM with seller. It does not do the forum any good.

knorps

Feb 8, 2021
when I visit you and discuss the matter in person
Which you will not. You are banned from my premises due to your threats, and you will be removed with force should you attempt to set foot on them.

I encourage you to sue in civil court should you feel treated unfairly.

Additionally, in order to send the defective part back to you, please specify the way you want it sent to you and do send the funds for that accordingly. Otherwise, i will dispose of the drive no later than 7 days from now.

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
Which you will not. You are banned from my premises due to your threats, and you will be removed with force should you attempt to set foot on them.

I encourage you to sue in civil court should you feel treated unfairly.

Additionally, in order to send the defective part back to you, please specify the way you want it sent to you and do send the funds for that accordingly. Otherwise, i will dispose of the drive no later than 7 days from now.
Man, you really have no decency at all, do you?? You charged me 20 EUR for postage and packaging, bought a stamp for 5.20 EUR and dropped it in a paper envelope and because of that cheap charlie attitude here we are now. Even though you still could pay another 5.20 EUR and still be in profit you cant help yourself to demand more funds for sending it back..?? Amazing. ..truly amazing.

Ok, just to make sure that the drive does not 'by accident' gets out in circulation again:
Snap the drive in pieces and post a photo of it here with all bits visible and the serial number clearly shown.

Last edited:

Alex0220

Feb 13, 2021
Something that looks very odd to me is that he is selling 16 PM9a3 drives for this price from Germany. These drives are around 650 to 800 euros in Germany right now.

I just came by this thread a few times and I don't want to accuse the seller of anything but again, for that price and for 0 hours used and 0 TBW it is very unlikely that they are legit. The image of the one PM9A3 from @Lennong was manufactured 2021.12. On December 26th this thread was posted with the NVMe offer.

The next question is: Why should someone sell 16 of these drives in this forum? Best way for money laundering

knorps

Feb 8, 2021
Since when has become shitting all over someone's thread with far fetched accusations become acceptable here?

I don't want to accuse the seller of anything
oh really? then what's this?

it is very unlikely that they are legit
or this?

Best way for money laundering
And all that over someone who managed to mangle their drive, can't take responsibility for it and pushes all sorts of lies and manufactured bs to pin their incompetence on me.

knorps

Feb 8, 2021
You charged me 20 EUR for postage and packaging, bought a stamp for 5.20 EUR and dropped it in a paper envelope
I bought a 5.20 EUR stamp for a registered parcel along with ADDITIONAL shipping insurance for the total value of your order. Just because the amount paid for insurance doesn't show up on the stamp (which is customary to prevent theft) doesn't constitute an invitation to make such idiotic accusations.

As i've said before (and @tubs-ffm chimed in to verify) i didn't just "drop it in an envelope". The drive was sufficiently protected against ESD and physical damage, and was received by you as such, so you can say with pride that you ****ed it up all by yourself, which noone i know has managed to as of yet.

Haven't you made enough of a fool out of yourself already with your lies and threats of visiting me and making me "pay double"?

What a ****ing kindergarten shitshow. You guys should be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited:

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
The 'antistat protection' was broken and the naked M.2 drive was loose in the envelope. I already stated that. It was DOA and I did not see a second of life on it. However, we past that now.

Just to make sure that the drive does not 'by accident' gets out in circulation again:
Snap the drive in pieces and post a photo of it here with all bits visible and the serial number clearly shown.

Last edited:

Alex0220

Feb 13, 2021
Haven't you made enough of a fool out of yourself already with your lies and threats of visiting me and making me "pay double", and now @Alex0220 wants to take a swing at me as well in retaliation for me not buying his two 1080Tis that he said were "never mined on" when he didn't actually know the history of those items (which is fraud btw)?

What a ****ing kindergarten shitshow. You guys should be ashamed of yourself.
I never sold 1080Tis. Secondly all GPUs I sold were bought NEW by me so I can verify the history. You are a new user on this forum and one of your first threads is this one, selling 16xPM9A3 for a very low price that you'll never find on the retail market.

Please prove where you bought them.

knorps

Feb 8, 2021
The 'antistat protection' was broken and the naked M.2 drive was loose in the envelope.
So why didn't you mention any of that when you contacted me after receiving it? Let me guess: because you only made it up once it was clear you ****ed up and needed something to pin on me. I only use premium 50mm wide TESA packing tape, that shit doesn't just randomly detach, especially not in a tight space where it's also pressed down from both sides by the cardboard. You're a ****ing liar.

If anybody was wondering why i mostly choose not to offer buyer protection, here's your prime example.

Also @Alex0220 , didn't you want to delete your posts because they constitute slander according to § 186 StGB - Üble Nachrede - dejure.org ? Especially when you yourself don't take the truth about your rusty server too seriously...talk about double standards.

Last edited:

knorps

Feb 8, 2021
Do these SSDs support any idle powerstates other than maximum/active?
I found something more concrete in the Product Brief from Samsung:

To meet the demand for high-utilization, high-duty cycle data centers, the PM9A3 SSD utilizes firmware which prioritizes quality of service (QoS) for sustained random workloads, to keep all virtual machines and containers running quickly and smoothly. The firmware is optimized for always-on, always-busy workloads ready to respond quickly to incoming work requests.

So even if ASPM was implemented, it's probably disabled in firmware. Seems like a sensible choice given the intended market segment.

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
You can destroy and then dispose of the drive. However;
Just to make sure that the drive does not get found by someone and then gets out in circulation again:

Last edited:

Alex0220

Feb 13, 2021
Also @Alex0220 , didn't you want to delete your posts because they constitute slander according to § 186 StGB - Üble Nachrede - dejure.org ?
I don't have to delete my posts. Show us a proof that you bought the drives.

And your behaviour in the DMs with me was definetely not appropriate for a; quote from you: "57 year old man".

Your words:

"I will file a police report against you. My laywers will sue you and you need to pay for all expenses you have caused."

You want to get my address from people that bought stuff from me. And if they don't give the address, they'll be put into jail.

I only see and read insults from you here like f***ing....

Especially when you yourself don't take the truth about your rusty server too seriously...talk about double standards.
Everything that I sell can be inspected before someone buys it. Yes, there is rust on the outside. That doesn't affect the server in any way. And as already stated, it was not my fault to leave the system in some old and wet garage.

Again and again, show us a proof that YOU bought the drives.

mirrormax

Apr 10, 2020
Antistatic wrap in an paper envelope is absolutely not adequate packaging for any computer hardware and def not an m.2, things gets tossed around hard during transport there needs to be some proper padding to take any impact.

Even if it's possible it survived the transport and the buyer messed up something, i think most people will agree the seller has to take the loss here, there's no way to know for sure who's at fault but when he gambled on the paper envelope being fine which it might be 9/10 times when it goes wrong there's not much of a defense. Just my 2 cents..

bryan_v

Nov 5, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
www.linkedin.com
I had the same kind of weird belligerent conversation with knorps, specifically around attempting to use Western Union transact +1000 EUR worth of drives trans-atlantic, refusing any sort of transaction protection, with the only proof being that he had access to some ebay accounts with a number of positive transactions (which ironically mandates buyer protection). I was keeping it private to give him the benefit of the doubt, though hearing about this, I just want to mention it.

Now @Lennong and @Alex0220, based on your experience, this makes sense. It's a shame that this kind of stuff has now made it over to STH. Do you feel that if some sort of buyer protection, like paypal, was enforced for new members (similar to r/homelabsales and r/hardwareswap) this would have been avoided?

Last edited:

MBastian

Jul 17, 2016
Düsseldorf, Germany
Now @Lennong and @Alex0220, based on your experience, this makes sense. It's a shame that this kind of stuff has now made it over to STH. Do you feel that if some sort of buyer protection, like paypal, was enforced for new members (similar to r/homelabsales and r/hardwareswap) this would have been avoided?
That would be very hard to enforce. Considering the massive amount of scamming on ebay and ebay-kleinanzeigen.de anyone should develop some common sense to a) avoid "too good to be true" offers and b) refuse bank transfer only deals.

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
Antistatic wrap in an paper envelope is absolutely not adequate packaging for any computer hardware and def not an m.2, things gets tossed around hard during transport there needs to be some proper padding to take any impact.

Even if it's possible it survived the transport and the buyer messed up something, i think most people will agree the seller has to take the loss here, there's no way to know for sure who's at fault but when he gambled on the paper envelope being fine which it might be 9/10 times when it goes wrong there's not much of a defense. Just my 2 cents..
Yes, thats exactly my point. It took like a hour after I recieved it until I PM seller about it's DOA. The talk about me trying flash it and fail is just waffle talk ofcourse. We all try to boot a newly bought drive and check smart, hours and such the first thing we do. I never even got to that part..

Dude acting in a way I recognize and have seen before. It's self grandeur and the feeling of all money is his money thing.. Ethics is secondary. I got the wiff of the character in PM when he was avoiding talk specific action after testing it after I sent it back to him. Then I got the hand ofcourse.

Also, I have numerous times asked him to snap the drive in parts and show it in photo here with serial shown to verify it's out of circulation. Nothing so far.. What does that tell you?

It should be at no cost for seller to do that, except if you see it as valuable and 'it's money'.
Like I said, I have seen this type of character before.

Last edited:

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
That would be very hard to enforce. Considering the massive amount of scamming on ebay and ebay-kleinanzeigen.de anyone should develop some common sense to a) avoid "too good to be true" offers and b) refuse bank transfer only deals.
Yes. You right. I got it for 300 EUR. On a drive that are at least double the price on market. Obviously it's my own fault at the end of the day but half the fun to browse these sections on forums is finding good deals but as better they get the risks gets bigger of course.

I am not really underfunded in life but I enjoy make good deals. I have not really decided yet on what action to take. But I really would like to see the drive verified destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.